Steward selling mares

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Re: Steward selling mares

Post by Charles Bunbury »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 7 years ago
Dusty Klatt wrote: 7 years ago I could care less about who ends up with the mare, more I would like to see the Mare go for market value in an auction style sale, not on clearance rack on the sales page.
I think an auction as you wish for would just inflate the prices to an unrealistic level.
Which would take money out of the game?

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.

Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

Here's an idea for getting money out of the game, which could get a few people irritated. How about "Income / Luxury Tax" on earnings, this would take money out of the game thus bringing Steward-bred yearling prices back down to earth. As nicely bred as they are I couldn't justify spending that kind of money, it doesn't make sense financialy. Just an idea.
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

C.S. Werth wrote: 7 years ago Here's an idea for getting money out of the game, which could get a few people irritated. How about "Income / Luxury Tax" on earnings, this would take money out of the game thus bringing Steward-bred yearling prices back down to earth. As nicely bred as they are I couldn't justify spending that kind of money, it doesn't make sense financialy. Just an idea.
So punish the players who decide to put more time and effort into growing their wealth?
Punish the players who decide to save up money for a steward auction?
Punish the players who buy hoards of money off the exchange by converting cash bought GP for sim cash?

No thanks.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

How is it punishing players if everyone pays taxes? It isn't about punishing players, it was about finding another way of taking money out of the game other than just through the TBS auction. Like I said it, it is going to irritate a few players.
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

C.S. Werth wrote: 7 years ago How is it punishing players if everyone pays taxes? It isn't about punishing players, it was about finding another way of taking money out of the game other than just through the TBS auction. Like I said it, it is going to irritate a few players.
Taxes tend to do that, lol
Robbie Dee
Classic Contender

Post by Robbie Dee »

Don't give it back - if you have too much feel free to share it out !

Seriously though it's only going to be people who don't have much money who want money taken out of the game.
Players who have worked hard for many seasons to get that money will obviously want to keep it.
some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

C.S. Werth wrote: 7 years ago How is it punishing players if everyone pays taxes? It isn't about punishing players, it was about finding another way of taking money out of the game other than just through the TBS auction. Like I said it, it is going to irritate a few players.
Its punishing the more successful players. Nobody should want that unless they think they will never be successful and are trying to bring those top players down rather than get better themselves.

Any ways of taking money out of the game should be choices like the Stewards auctions.
Robbie Dee
Classic Contender

Post by Robbie Dee »

The steward has put around 20 mares on the sales board but most are up for sale for millions so they're way out of the reach of smaller players
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

I don't understand why you want a special break for these mares to be handed out at a reduced price to you. They're listed for millions because they are worth millions. To achieve success in this game you need to work your way up from the bottom. It wasn't easy for any of us, but anyone can make it. I know it's frustrating, but you will get there. Just keep at it.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Robbie Dee
Classic Contender

Post by Robbie Dee »

I don't want a special break - this whole thread was about somebody complaining that the steward was selling off her mares too cheaply so that anybody could pick them up.

I was just pointing out that this current sale was not for the smaller players.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

I paid 500k for my mare. Not completely unreasonable for someone wanting a Stewie mare.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Yea, these prices were really high... I paid $500k for a 17 year old mare (thank gosh, she lived!) lol
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Robbie Dee
Classic Contender

Post by Robbie Dee »

I paid $600k for a 12yo mare from the steward and she died in foal age 13.

some you win - some you lose.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I paid $800k for a 12yo mare (and haven't bred her yet) but frankly when the mare has over $2 million in progeny earnings plus 4 stakes and 2 allowances from 6 known gallopers, I'm not complaining!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The horses that were left there more than 24 hours had prices reduced. More will be coming soon.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG