Mr. Ed's 1st Annual All Stakes Filly Lease Auction - Race a Filly, Get a Foal

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Mr. Ed's 1st Annual All Stakes Filly Lease Auction - Race a Filly, Get a Foal

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Introducing Mr. Ed's 1st Annual All Stakes Filly Lease Auction

With the introduction of lease auctions in Sim 7.0, I decided to try it out with my 1st of hopefully many more to come All Stakes Lease Auction.
The auction will consist of 2yo and 3yo stakes galloping fillies. I am hoping to eventually include all mixed breeds in future years to come, but for now it will only include Quarter Horses and Appaloosas. I plan to do this every season as long as I have sufficient racing stock to lease out.

The fillies in this auction are high quality. Many of them are bred from Flat A crosses from various graded mares. I don't usually pay the 10K for my mixer mares, but from previous experience the flat A hypos I see normally come from high end stars or blue hen mares.

The Rules:
  1. The auction will take place during the 1st week annually.
  2. It will consist of equipped 2yo and 3yo stakes galloping fillies.
  3. Players can only win a maximum of 3 horses per auction.
  4. Winners of 2yo fillies will get to race the filly for her entire 2yo season and then they will be given the rights to her second foal. On top of that you will have the special option of leasing her again for her 3yo season allowing you to secure the first foal as well. If the player chooses to lease the filly again for her 3yo season, they will be required to pay the same lease fee they paid for her 2yo season.
  5. Winners of 3yo fillies will get to race the filly for her entire 3yo season and then will be given the rights to her first foal. As the filly was leased out, the lease will need to be terminated once racing that season has ended. The foal will be bred by me then later sold to the player for the price of the stud fee.
  6. In order to receive the first foal from the 3yo filly, the eligible player must message me when the lease is ended with the name of the filly he/she had leased and the sire they would like her bred to. The foal will be bred at random all and then sold to the player for the price of the stud fee.
That should cover everyone. The auction link will be posted shortly.
Good Luck and Happy Bidding.
Last edited by Mr. Lord Rich 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Mr. Ed's 1st Annual All Stakes Filly Lease Auction

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Question asked:
Mr Ed, if I win a 2yo filly and then exercise the option to race the 3yo season, do I also get the breeding rights that come with the 3yo racing rights?

Answer:
yes
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The auction is up. The link is below.

Mr. Ed's All Stakes Filly Lease Auction
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Just wanted to give this a bump and provide a quick little bit of info about the 2yos in here.

I went through my barn and out of the 55 different stakes galloping 2yo mixers I raced last season, as a group they earned a total of $1,321,440 on the track. That is an average of $24,026 earned per horse.

On avg you will make your lease price back and if you choose the right ones you might actually double or triple it. On top of that you earn the right to race it again at three securing a foal in the process.

Lots of nice potential here.

Thanks for looking.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

So I decided to amend the rule a little to get more interest.
EVERY single leased mare comes with a guaranteed foal from that mare.

For the 2yo fillies, you will receive the 2nd foal.
Leasing the 3yo fillies still qualifies for the 1st foal.

If you lease the filly out both season as a 2yo and 3yo, you actually get 2 foals.
I will amend the original post above.

Happy bidding.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Mr. Ed's 1st Annual All Stakes Filly Lease Auction - Race a Filly, Get a Foal

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Bump
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Mr. Ed's 1st Annual All Stakes Filly Lease Auction - Race a Filly, Get a Foal

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Just a friendly Tuesday bump.
This is a great opportunity to get into mixers.

For as little as 20k, you get to race A stakes galloping filly and then get a Guaranteed foal. Most are two year olds and completely full of conditions. You can simply run them maiden through NW5.

Don't miss out.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

I will second what Pete says above. Mixers are easy to get the hang of racing and this is a great opportunity for new players.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Ken Lind
Sprinter

Post by Ken Lind »

Wow...seems like a great opportunity for us mixer racers but I'm really confused by all the rules. Just can't get my head around all the contingencies and options.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

No too confusing. There are still many available for 20k.
You can win up to three of these

If you race a 2yo,
You keep all earnings and you get 2nd foal guaranteed.
You then get the option to lease her again as a 3yo for the same price you paid to lease her as a 2yo.
Once you race a 3 yo filly you get 1st foal guaranteed.
So if you lease a 2yo you have the potential to race for two seasons, keep all the earnings and potentially get her first two foals.

If you race a 3yo, you keep all earnings and are guaranteed 1st foal.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Bump
This auction ends tonight. Many horses without bids.

For anyone trying to get there feet wet in the mixer divisions, this is your chance. You get to experience racing a higher end horse, keep all the money earned and get a foal out of the deal.

There are many horses still sitting at 20k. You don't want to miss out.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Thanks for those who bid. Sorry for those who missed out.
Anything that didnt get a bid, I will still allow a leases through the end of the weekend for the minimum 20K and the same results applies.

Message me in game.

Consider this Overtime.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Received many lease request post auction and sent them out. There are still some left. Click on the auction link and anything not bid on is available if not entered in a race.

Same rules as auction. 20k gets the horse to race and one foal.

Thanks for looking.

-Pete
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Pete, I'll take any of the still-available Appaloosas if they exist.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

only QH are left Glenn. sorry.