Malarky

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Bob Green
Turf Router

Malarky

Post by Bob Green »

I've never started a 'brag' thread of any kind before, but I'm starting to get a little excited and impatient to see what this filly can do next year...

Earlier this year I cleaned out all my paints, I almost decided to do the same with my quarter horses to make my stable a little easier to run by both cutting down numbers and eliminating a breed. I ended up deciding not to, and a big part of the reason why is my ‘special’ filly Malarky. First she galloped 'very special', then I started comparing her timed workouts to the times recorded in the 'record workout times' thread:

100 yards: 6.25 (top 5 workouts are all 6.22)
220 yards: 11.89 (top 5 workouts end at 11.88)
300 yards: 15.77 (ties for fourth best workout time)

Who could get rid of a homebred like this just for the sake of an easier to run stable? Not me! I cut back on the numbers, but it looks like my quarter horses may be here to stay.

I got a little lucky with her equipment. I don't equipment check many horses but spent the GP's to check her before running her first timed workout. I vet checked her twice immediately after that and he gave me her second piece on the second try. 8)
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Re: Malarky

Post by Landon Alexander »

She is super awesome! You can totally send her to my stable any day! :)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Okay this is freaking me out now. About 10 minutes ago, a friend of mine said MALARKY!! to me. So we went to see if that was a horse name, and it was taken. A few seconds later I find there is a thread about this horse?!?!?!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Yeah... I'm hearing the Twilight Zone theme in my head right now...

(Nice filly!)
Bob Green
Turf Router

Post by Bob Green »

I've managed to mess with The Steward's head, my day is complete! :twisted:
Funny thing is, I've almost started a thread on her several times in the last couple weeks, finally got around to it this afternoon.