One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dawie De Villiers
Two Year Old

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Dawie De Villiers »

Ryan Whitehead wrote: 7 years ago IDEA FOR A POSSIBLE SMALL NEW SIM FEATURE: Distance Drop box

I was just curious if it might be possible in the future to have a drop box that will give us all the races within a certain radius of where our horse is located. For instance say my horse is located at TTO in South American. That is so close to the Islands and Central America as well but I have to do 3 different searches instead of 1 if say I could pull up all races within 250 miles or 500 miles etc...

I think it would be really nice for the newer players in the game who don't have all the geography down pat. Just a small idea but one I know I would find useful especially in South America, parts of the Middle East, and Asia.
As a new player I don't know where half my horses are situated and have to go to the maps to figure out which racecourse is near which farm and visa versa. It will be very handy and helpful to have a radius Like Ryan suggested.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Dawie De Villiers wrote: 7 years ago
Ryan Whitehead wrote: 7 years ago IDEA FOR A POSSIBLE SMALL NEW SIM FEATURE: Distance Drop box

I was just curious if it might be possible in the future to have a drop box that will give us all the races within a certain radius of where our horse is located. For instance say my horse is located at TTO in South American. That is so close to the Islands and Central America as well but I have to do 3 different searches instead of 1 if say I could pull up all races within 250 miles or 500 miles etc...

I think it would be really nice for the newer players in the game who don't have all the geography down pat. Just a small idea but one I know I would find useful especially in South America, parts of the Middle East, and Asia.
As a new player I don't know where half my horses are situated and have to go to the maps to figure out which racecourse is near which farm and visa versa. It will be very handy and helpful to have a radius Like Ryan suggested.
Check out the Races For This Horse page now. I think this is what you wanted.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Admin wrote: 7 years ago

You, sir, are an absolute legend.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Dawie De Villiers
Two Year Old

Post by Dawie De Villiers »

Thank you so much, that is perfect
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

This is so freakin' handy even for those of us that have been playing forever. Thank you!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Marley Oaken
Sprinter

Post by Marley Oaken »

Is there any way the sales price for a horse could be listed on the horse's page even if it's up for sale for an amount higher than your bank account can afford? The horse will still be listed in the Buy/Lease Horses section with the price, but when you view the horse it doesn't show that it's even up for sale if you can't afford it.
Robbie Dee
Classic Contender

Post by Robbie Dee »

Have a game point and a half day once each season
some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

With staggered post times from across the world and me being a person who loves her sleep, I no longer get to see some results under the "Winners" tab. It's something I click on quite often, as I like to see how I stack in if I've had a good night, or if my friends have had a good night, I get pretty excited for them. There is plenty of room to make a second or third column, so we could see for example Monday night and those early Tuesday results at a normal hour on Tuesday and not miss out on sleep or the results.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Brianna McKenzie wrote: 7 years ago With staggered post times from across the world and me being a person who loves her sleep, I no longer get to see some results under the "Winners" tab. It's something I click on quite often, as I like to see how I stack in if I've had a good night, or if my friends have had a good night, I get pretty excited for them. There is plenty of room to make a second or third column, so we could see for example Monday night and those early Tuesday results at a normal hour on Tuesday and not miss out on sleep or the results.
I'll second this!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 7 years ago
Brianna McKenzie wrote: 7 years ago With staggered post times from across the world and me being a person who loves her sleep, I no longer get to see some results under the "Winners" tab. It's something I click on quite often, as I like to see how I stack in if I've had a good night, or if my friends have had a good night, I get pretty excited for them. There is plenty of room to make a second or third column, so we could see for example Monday night and those early Tuesday results at a normal hour on Tuesday and not miss out on sleep or the results.
I'll second this!
Yay! it just keeps getting better! Thanks much!
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Thank you. Love it.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Showing the last 4 sets of "Winners", is great!
Johanna Stk
Eclipse Champion

Post by Johanna Stk »

More claiming races for 2yo paints, only one race every week isn't enough.
Skam den som ger sig!
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

While we are speaking about more claiming races I would love to see more for 3yo turf milers.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

I don't mind the smart barns for all the stuff, but would it be possible to either be able to select the columns we see or be able to sort by horses In Alternate Barns or or not in alternate barns. I appreciate we can sort by the stuff in the triangle dropdowns, but I personally put all my horses in alternate barns, and even though I have a small barn, it is time consuming to figure out where my alternate barn horses stop..
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.