Year 29 Gelding World Cup - New Date and Contest!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Year 29 Gelding World Cup - New Date and Contest!

Post by Laura Ferguson »

The Steward's Cup is at Single Star Park, so we’ll join in (any all weather races could be at Plastics Park). If people want to also sponsor steeplechases/all weather/mixed breed races, please feel free - the more the merrier!

There is one twist, though. I spoke to the Steward, and we are going to run these on Week 16 THURSDAY, with the baby races. That gives them a little more attention, so they're not lost in the glom of Week 16 Friday races.

I will also sponsor a contest. To the trainer who picks up the most points in the GWC (a win counts as 7 points, a second as 5 points and a third as 3 points), I will give them a foal out of champion and millionairess Sunset Kiss. The winner gets to pick the sire, gender, color, etc., and I'll breed him/her and send it over. If there is a tie, the winner of the foal will be determined by coin toss, and the loser will get $100,000.

Anyway, here are last year's races and sponsors - I'll let last year's sponsors have first crack at doing it again, but if for whatever reason, they can't/don't, I'll open them up for someone else to sponsor. As always, thanks for everyone's generosity. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Steeplechases
Sycamore Downs (SC) 4 miles. Turf. Steeplechase. Thoroughbred. "Gwc Lonesome Glory Chase." Sponsored by Regina Moore. 4 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $125,000 - Grade 3 - Marzy Dotes

Sycamore Downs (SC) 2 5/8 miles. Turf. Steeplechase. Thoroughbred. "Gwc Legendofthepeople Cup." Sponsored by Happy Trails. 4 year olds. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $100,000 - Happy Trails

All Weather
Artificial Arena (IL) 6 furlongs. All Weather. Thoroughbred. "Gwc Six Eighths Stakes." Sponsored by Benny James. 3 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $75,000 - Benny James

Artificial Arena (IL) Condition: Fast. Race 13 - 1 1/4 miles. All Weather. Thoroughbred. "Gwc The Lava Man Stakes." Sponsored by Louise Bayou. 3 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $125,000 - Grade 3 - John Hannibal Smith

Turf/Dirt
1 mile. Turf. Thoroughbred. "Gwc Da Hoss Stakes." Sponsored by Laura Ferguson. 3 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $75,000 – Laura Ferguson

1 1/4 miles. Turf. Thoroughbred. "Gwc John Henry Stakes." Sponsored by Laura Ferguson. 3 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $75,000 – Laura Ferguson

6 1/2 furlongs. Dirt. Thoroughbred. "Gwc Giuliani Senior Sprint Stakes." Sponsored by Norman Architecture. 5 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $75,000 - Norman Architecture

6 furlongs. Turf. Thoroughbred. "Gwc Royal Glint Stakes." Sponsored by Jon Smythe. 2 year olds. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $75,000 - Jon Smythe

7 furlongs. Turf. Thoroughbred. "Gwc Link Stakes." Sponsored by Bill Outsilver. 3 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $125,000 - Grade 3 - Bill Outsilver

1 1/16 miles. Dirt. Thoroughbred. "Gwc Native Diver Stake." Sponsored by Carter Taylor. 3 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $125,000 - Grade 3 - Nick Gilmore

1 mile. Dirt. Thoroughbred. "The Funny Cide Mile." Sponsored by Carolyn Eaton. 3 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $125,000 - Grade 3 - Carolyn Eaton

6 furlongs. Turf. Thoroughbred. "The Awad Turf Sprint." Sponsored by Carolyn Eaton. 3 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $125,000 - Grade 3 - Carolyn Eaton

1 mile. Dirt. Thoroughbred. "Gwc Buddy Gil Classic." Sponsored by Katy Turner. 3 year olds. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $125,000 - Grade 3 - Katy Turner

1 1/2 miles. Turf. Thoroughbred. "Gwc Sir William Stakes." Sponsored by Katy Turner. 3 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $125,000 - Grade 3 - Katy Turner

1 1/8 miles. Dirt. Thoroughbred. "The Bad N' Big Stakes." Sponsored by Louise Bayou. 4 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $125,000 - Grade 3 - Louise Bayou

2 miles. Dirt. Thoroughbred. "Gwc Kelso Marathon." Sponsored by Emma Lochran. 4 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $125,000 - Grade 3 - Emma Lochran

1 1/8 miles. Turf. Thoroughbred. "Gwc The Tin Man Stakes." Sponsored by Emma Lochran. 3 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $125,000 - Grade 3 - Emma Lochran

1 1/4 miles. Dirt. Thoroughbred. "Gwc Evening Attire." Sponsored by Leigh Ann Anderson. 3 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $125,000 - Grade 3 - Leigh Ann Anderson

7 furlongs. Dirt. Thoroughbred. "Gwc Chinook Pass." Sponsored by Leonard Beagle. 3 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $75,000 - Grade 3 - Paul Heinrich

6 furlongs. Dirt. Thoroughbred. "Gwc - Kona Gold Stakes." Sponsored by Paul Sellers. 2 year olds. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $75,000 - Gigi Gofaster

1 mile. Turf. Thoroughbred. “Georgie Boy Stakes.” Sponsored by Patrick O'Malley. 2 year olds. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $75,000 - Patrick O'Malley
Last edited by Laura Ferguson 13 years ago, edited 6 times in total.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Re: Year 29 Gelding World Cup - New Date and Contest!

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I can sponsor a race if you have one left over.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

I'll do the “Georgie Boy Stakes.” again.
It's alive!
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

I will sponsor the GWC Kelso Marathon and The Tin Man Stakes once again.

Thanks Laura for the great prize and for organizing this every year!
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I'll sponsor the Evening Attire again.

Thanks Laura for organizing it and for the contest! The GWC is one of my favorite Sim events each year.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

I'll sponsor the Royal Glint again.
Thanks as always for organizing Laura
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Norman Architecture »

Pencil me in for the Senior Sprint again.
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I'll sponsor the Gwc Legendofthepeople Cup again. Thank you for organizing this, Laura.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

and I will be happy to sponsor the Funny Cide and the Awad Sprint again
I'm just here for the fun of it
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I'm happy to sponsor of anyone can't do it this year.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

Norman Architecture wrote:Pencil me in for the Senior Sprint again.
It'll be boring this year.
It's alive!
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I'm going to forfeit doing the Lonesome Glory Steeplechase this time.

Hope to contribute again next year.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

7 furlongs. Dirt. Thoroughbred. "Gwc Chinook Pass." Sponsored by Leonard Beagle. 3 year olds and up. Geldings. Stakes. Purse $75,000 - Grade 3

Unfortunately, I'll have to pass this year. Someone wanting to pick it up, please do.
Thanks, and sorry. :(
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Marzy Dotes, if you could pick up the Lonesome Glory, and Paul Heinrich had messaged me - if you could pick up the Chinook Pass, that'd be great! Gigi, you're on deck :)
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Cool!
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke