'Chasing running lines and equipment

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

'Chasing running lines and equipment

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

I dont have any equipment on my stakes winning Chasing mare Ballet D'action, and she has won 6 of 7 races like that. Ive heard that if their winning dont mess with them. But I noticed that in most races she "jumped to the right throughout" and she frequently blunders and Stumbles over jumps- and yet she still continues to win! But Im thinking, should I try to give her something to help with this or just continue to leave her alone?

I had thought about a f8 or blinkers to help the jumping to the right and fb and/or hb to help her stumbles and blunders.

The negitives to those are I dont want the blinkers to keep her from making that final drive cause she dosent see the horses coming up behind her, and plus again its been said, if they are winning, why mess with it?

Heres her link

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=28457
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: 'Chasing running lines and equipment

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Well, I speak from the sole experience of owning Channel. Hehe, which isn't saying a whole lot.

I've changed her equipment around a lot during her chasing career and I haven't honestly seen much of a difference in her finishes. I think she does better in a smaller field than a large one, but other than that her running lines haven't really changed. She started with a shadowroll and tt and eventually I added blinkers. But, like I said, I can't really tell that they've helped or hindered. Heck, Channel can run rank all over the field and still win.

"Jumping to the right" I've noticed doesn't really affect the outcome of the race. If she's doing it a whole lot, then maybe the f8 will help. I'm still trying to figure out the whole bundering bit, as that probably does affect the outcome. I was thinking blinkers would help, but I don't have much evidence to back that up.

Ok, sorry I'm rambling. In all, my advice would be to add one piece of equipment at a time. If she keeps winning, awesome. If not, you know that the piece isn't going to help. It's up to you to experiment a little and at least you know which equipment combo works already; you can always switch back to it.
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Re: 'Chasing running lines and equipment

Post by Steph Lonhro »

I am opposite, with how good she is doing I would hesitate to even add equipment, not sure equipment is something that can fix blundered jumps

some of my own examples are

outlander throughout his entire career had no equipment, and he stumbled or blundered jumps and still did well in those races, not sure to me if there is any effect in keeping a horse from doing that during a chase race or not

wormtongue only ran with a sr and hb, and it was much the same way with him (only 6 of 24 races did he jump cleanly)
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY