BIG mistake.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Re: BIG mistake.

Post by Paul Heinrich »

I just realized this thread was not *actually* about Behind Blue Eyes. This is one heck of a thread hijack, Laura! I'm anxious to see how she does now.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

re: shipping
Recently, I have had to call the U.S. Air Force out to intercept a horse in-flight, transfer the poor horse using one really huge re-fueling type tube that is attached to another transport plane and get him on that other flight to the correct track. Works for me.... I hope.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Jon Xett wrote:re: shipping
Recently, I have had to call the U.S. Air Force out to intercept a horse in-flight, transfer the poor horse using one really huge re-fueling type tube that is attached to another transport plane and get him on that other flight to the correct track. Works for me.... I hope.
Now THAT is an idea.

And yeah, quite the hijack indeed, Paul! (Speaking of inflight interceptions! LOL) Didn't mean to turn Traitor's thread into a OMGZ MY HORSEY IZ TIRED MAYBE thread, but hey... "BIG mistake." seemed like an apt thread to hijack, given that my brainfart didn't deserve a thread of its own. :P
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

I just sent Sponge Bob to GB, then realized he's a dirt boy. Maybe he can go to the middle east, or I can try him on the AW, oh well :roll:
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

Kevin Hern wrote:I always thought the dappled comment was the ideal one, but who knows? I find myself using the vet less and less as time goes by. I just try to space races properly and when I do that the vet just tells me stuff I already know. I still vet out all my stakes runners mainly because I can't seem to kick my obsessive-compulsive disorder.
I just knew I'd regret this, I just didn't think I'd regret it so soon. Me and my big mouth.

Anyways, scenario for you guys...I'm curious to hear what y'all think. I've been waiting to enter a horse in a race in Friday night who ran in week 2. I've basically been planning on entering once I get the ok from the vet. Last night, I got the dappled comment so I entered and shipped. This morning I got the "may not run his best race" one, obviously a bit of shipping fatigue, there's still a day and a half until the race. He's running for sure in week 7 so basically I either run him here and then in week 7, or sit this one out and give him a prep work in week 5 instead. I'm going to vet later tonight and make my final decision on that but I just thought I'd see what you guys would do?

For reference, the horse's recent race schedule is as follows:

Season 22:
week 1,4,7,10,12,15

...then week 2 of this season. The two week break didn't seem to bother him before but I wonder if I might be pushing my luck. Also, could cumulative fatigue end up being a factor as well? After week 7 he'll be going 10-13-16.

I know there are a variety of opinions on this, and frankly that is exactly what I am looking for...
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I think that he will be fine. I will run back in 2 weeks, but i won't do it all year. Acappella regularly ran 3-5-8-10-13-16 That didn't seem to cause her much issue. And she's ship between the 10-13 usually to the US from Europe or South Africa/Kenya.

Cosmo ran 1-4-8-11-14-16 as a 2yo and he only lost his last start.

Anyway i don't see any reason not to run with the 2 vs 3 as long as i'ts not done all the time. Some of them are better with less rest cause they don't lose fitness, but are rested enough. at least that is my theory.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Yeah Kevin, he should be okay. Horses bounce back pretty quickly from shipping if they don't ship too far anyway.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I scratched him at about 11:57 pm last night after getting a sluggish comment from Hacklu. Seems it was probably the right move as he was still coming up as "a little sluggish" this morning. He put in a pretty big effort in his last race, perhaps that explains the lack of a timely recovery as compared to the last time I gave him a short break?

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=43569

I guess we'll be meeting up with Krasinski (shudder...) in week 7 instead of tonight, and it looks like it'll be a 5 race campaign instead of 6 this year. In the meantime WT is probably saying to himself, "What's with all this unnecessary shipping, and who is my idiot trainer?"