Who In The SIM Would You Like to Meet???

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Who In The SIM Would You Like to Meet???

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Of the people you have never met, who in the SIM would you most like to meet?

There are as many personalities in the SIM as there are people (cliché) but I’m sure there are some folks that intrigue each of us a little more. First I'm inclined to believe that most of us would like to meet the Steward herself (did that already so she’s off my list) but if you're so inclined please include her on your list. I’m going to suggest only one male and one female player even though we all probably want to meet dozens of other SIM players (my wish list).

My picks:
The male choices were the law firm of Skippy, Skaggs and Slots. And I came up with Slots. There’s just something about someone who can find the bad in almost anything which, for me, makes him interesting. Vocal and willing to put himself out there he’s probably a laugh riot while drinking a beer, eating pizza and bashing everyone and everything including himself. Slots brings a lot of fun to the SIM and, on the side, plays the game pretty well too.

My female choice was helped by seeing pictures of her in the Forum thread “Who Are You?” (I love that thread). Personalities generally show through pretty well in pictures but not in this case. Let’s just say her wholesome and sweet appearance gives way quickly a somewhat more biting personality. Say Rachael Alexandra and see what happens. Forum posts from her usually bring a new or diverse view of almost any subject and then she'll sometimes go for some plain old comic relief. A great SIM player, my choice for pizza, beer and another laugh riot, is Ali LaDuke.

Those are my two. Who are your's?
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Re: Who In The SIM Would You Like to Meet???

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Last edited by Alysse Peverell 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I've met literally a couple hundred Simsters, but one stands out. #1 on my wishlist since Year 5, Brianna McKenzie!

As for a male, I've really been wanting to meet Mac Silver. He seems so laid back and happy, my kind of guy!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

There are a bunch of people here I'd like to meet in person someday. Even Slotman. 8)

I've gotten to know some better than others......not really by design, it just worked out that way over time via late night AIM chats back in the day. Dave, Scott, Mac, Rob, Em, Matt, my fellow Northwesterner Ryen, Briggs. It'd be fun to talk Lindsey Buckingham with Paul someday and talk Fru with Lisa. Leo seems to be one of the few SEC fans with his head on straight, so him too. hehe... I could go on.

I also want to meet my horses (I'm actually somewhat serious, which is scary) and ride them at top speed over hill and dale.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

I have, shockingly, never actually met Eric Nalbone in person.

Edit: Or, to echo Em, Brianna McKenzie, which is so strange to me I didn't realize it when I first posted this!
Last edited by Ara Davies 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I'd like to meet Janena since I've known her for 10 years on internet games, Ara because I think we are way too much alike not to like each other, Em because well, she's Em. Mea because I feel like I already know her through our late night IMs. And Scott is my gutter mind buddy so I think we'd also have a ton of fun. There's a lot of other people I'd love to meet but those ones come to mind right now.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Alysse Jacobs wrote:Everybody should want to meet me. I am the best. Either best or drunkest...hmm...not sure... Oh, I AM the worst influence! That's fer darn sure! Come with me, take a walk on the dark side...I'm sure to have cookies (or cupcakes). :twisted:
You were off my list because we already met at dinner, Monmouth Park, Breeders Cup day. Cookies in an owner's box at Belmont sounds great, I think you have the ability to pull that one off, Ms. NYRA.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I've met most of the people that I am "closest" to on here, so this isn't that easy...

For dudes, I'd like to meet Scott. I think he's bloody hilarious and would look forward to laughing a lot.

For gals, it'd probably be Melissa Mae. I've never had a one-on-one with her, so this is kinda random, but her forum posts are usually intelligent and she seems pretty neat-o.
John Hannibal Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Hannibal Smith »

Male - Easy - Larry Burndorf - now there's someone I think I could ramble on with and never be afraid of saying the wrong thing.

Female - Not so easy - Ara - I've deduced that I think that in theory we are probably fairly similar, but in practice, quite different. Plus, with all of her food and random musings, it would proabably be tough for me to insert my foot in my mouth.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

I've met more SIMsters than I ever thought I would! With more coming this spring (MEAGAN!!!).

Female - Chani Ruzzo, her and I have worked on many deals on the game, plus the first picture I saw of her on the WHO AM I thread showed her with a tray of tequila shots. What's not to like?

Male - Bill Outsilver, one-third of the short-lived ODB clan. I met Doolittle, now Beagle needs to meet Outsilver.

Couple - Dee and Clampett....both have been great to me. I want to meet them and show how much I appreciate it.

But really, I wanna meet LOTS and LOTS of my friends.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Probably Melissa Mae because I have known her forever and a day! And Ashley Gibson because I have also known her a long time! And then other TBC people :P I have no idea who I want to meet for males...
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

John Hannibal Smith wrote:Female - Not so easy - Ara - I've deduced that I think that in theory we are probably fairly similar, but in practice, quite different. Plus, with all of her food and random musings, it would proabably be tough for me to insert my foot in my mouth.
I'm translating this as:
"Nothing I could possibly say would be as retarded as what Ara spouts every day. Also, she talks a lot."

I'm not saying that these things are not true, mind...
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Ali LaDuke wrote: For gals, it'd probably be Melissa Mae. I've never had a one-on-one with her, so this is kinda random, but her forum posts are usually intelligent and she seems pretty neat-o.
Now I feel loved :D
Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Post by Inca Stables »

Male would have to be Leo Beagle. He seems like such a nice guy

Female - Would be Jolene, Michelle Calderoni and Em.

Miryam
Bryan Doolittle
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bryan Doolittle »

I'm super lucky to have met some truly great people during the Breeders' Cup. I'd still really like to meet...

Dudes-> Bill Outsilver ( ODB never dies), Scott E, Kevin H, Matt Dubs, Landon A, Skippy, Jon S.
Dudettes-> Laura Smith, Happy Trails, Lisa Strummer, Ara, Ryen

There's more, just drawing a blank!
"The door says 'PUSH', you idiot"-My Brother