Breeders' Cup 09 Thread Two

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Breeders' Cup 09 Thread Two

Post by The Steward »

PM'd you
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Katy Turner wrote:Because I'm really lame like that, I've belatedly realized I really don't want to drive all the way back home and then all the way back up to LA Fri/Sat. Does anyone know/has heard of a hotel (fairly inexpensive) that might still be taking reservations near the track? Thanks!
Katy, how 'near' is 'near'?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Yeah, Leo, I told her (again) about all the people staying around here, but then realized she said NEAR and we're not exactly next door.... so then I sent a "never mind!" message.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Biff Tannen
Miler

Post by Biff Tannen »

i might have missed the schedule...but is everybody going to both days? or will it just be Saturday?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Both days.... are you coming to dinner? Did you get the invite? RSVP!
Star Girl
Sprinter

Post by Star Girl »

My tickets came in today along with my extra camera batteries and chargers in prep for next weekend (still can't believe it's one week away). By the way anyone know how much the Derby restaurant costs? I am trying to talk my Mom into maybe going there one night.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

EXPENSIVE!! But AWESOME!! :-)
Karie McBrian
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Karie McBrian »

Derby's food looks awesome on the web site.. http://www.thederbyarcadia.com/

I was looking at it a couple days ago!
Greentree Racing
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Greentree Racing »

I've edited this post as I don't want to hijack this thread.

Have fun all!
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Norman Architecture »

Watch out America the British are coming , best add me as a definite. I have booked my flight , now i need to find a hotel. Flying into LAX Thursday at about 15.10. I am going to try the Grand Vista Simi , will anyone with a car be able to help me get there on thursday and to the track Friday and Saturday will pay top dollar!.

Thanks.
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Norman, i've got a room thursday night, two beds and the other one is not claimed. You are welcome to it!
PM for details if interested!
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

As a quick heads up, I just checked the weather forcast for SA and it says it'll be in the high to low 70's for the BC: http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weathe ... n=USCA0040

Cross your fingers that it stays this way, it was boiling last year!
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Norman Architecture »

I'm starting my LOOOOONG trip to Cali in 9 hrs , Looking foward to seeing all my fellow Simsters real soon....
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

I'm waiting at the airport. Watch out Cali - Alysse is a comin'!
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Alysse Jacobs wrote:I'm waiting at the airport. Watch out Cali - Alysse is a comin'!

FSKGHFOIWNGLSLAPJFIFN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1