AW Route Win standings update

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

AW Route Win standings update

Post by Garret Folsom »

We're half-way through the Y45 season and I figure that I can give out an update on the current career and current year win standings.

We currently have 651 different owners who have won an All Weather Route race. There are 86 that won a race so far this year.

The Top 10 in Wins for year 45 are:

Garret Folsom - 38
Bernard Kwok - 37
Dom Behan - 25
Madelene Gilbert - 24
Cesar Raez - 20
Christophe Desjardin - 17
Arthur Cutler - 16
Todd Lucas - 16
Patrick O'Malley - 13
Jonathan Fisher - 13

There are 3 others with 10 or more AW Route wins (Shan State, Regina Moore, Randall Allen)

Top 10 in Career Wins now looks like this...

Madelene Gilbert - 1100 (This is over 6% of all AW Route races ever)
Lee Cara - 492
Bernard Kwok - 372
Garret Folsom - 366
Ricky Stamm - 364
Lucas Davenport - 362
Nena Olson - 329
Arthur Cutler - 323
Leigh Ann Anderson - 317
Todd Lucas - 304

There are two others with over 300 wins (Danny Warren & Alex Puderbaugh)
There are four more with over 250 wins (Louise Bayou, Susie Rydell, Shiadra Cattari & Patrick O'Malley)
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: AW Route Win standings update

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

And I'm having the worst year stat wise since Y30. If that tells you anything. :P
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I've noticed. I'm sure that it will get turned around. You've done so much for the AW community, especially lately that it was bound to hurt your barn at some point.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Garret Folsom wrote:I've noticed. I'm sure that it will get turned around. You've done so much for the AW community, especially lately that it was bound to hurt your barn at some point.
HAHA, popularity is weird that's for sure. People see my name attached and claim all my horses. :P I've been forced up and out of the claimers, but my horses aren't liking it. And I think I fiddled with the automated exercise scheduling feature and overdid it with my racers. They're REALLY upset with me this year lol.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I know that if I see a filly that you bred, I'm checking the dam immediately. I haven't been claiming as much this year though.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Not a full update, but I wanted to share that David Lozada picked up his first AW Route win since Year 36. Congrats!!!

Also, Dom Behan picked up his 200th AW Route win as he has moved into 22nd place in career AW Route wins.

There are quite a few milestones being approached. Lee Cara needs 2 wins to become the 2nd player to get to 500 career. Garret Folsom needs just 1 to become the 3rd person to 400 wins, with Bernard Kwok needing just 5 to match that total. Christophe Desjardin is 7 shy of 250 career. Mark Pavlak needs 2 to get to 100. Sten Rino Haakonsen needs 3 to get to 100, while Andrew James and Laura Ferguson need 4 wins to get there.

Despite Madelene's poor season mentioned above, she has climbed back with 2YO debuts and is just 1 win behind 2nd place for the year, and 12 out of the top spot.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

I went from 23% win / 50% OTB to 26% win / 63% OTB after my 2yo debuts. That's the first time in my entire SIM career that my 2yos have helped my stats, not destroyed them. I blame 2016 lol :P
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Madelene Gilbert wrote:I went from 23% win / 50% OTB to 26% win / 63% OTB after my 2yo debuts. That's the first time in my entire SIM career that my 2yos have helped my stats, not destroyed them. I blame 2016 lol :P
Aaaaaaaaaaand then I go and get 4 more wins today and my stats bump up to 27.5%. :lol:
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I got to 400 wins on Tuesday, so to celebrate, here are some did you know facts.

I've said it before that Ara Davies is the only person to win an AW Route race every year the division has run. She also has a single season best of 12 wins. Her consistency has her ranked 36th All-Time in AW Route Wins. The season win streak is being threatened though, as she does not have an AW Route win this year and just 9 racing days left to get one.

Did you know that Lisa Strummer is the highest ranking owner (56th) to have never won 10 or more races in a single season? Yeah, I didn't think you knew that, and probably don't know this either...Second place on that list is Bill Outsilver who is currently tied for 57th and just 1 win behind Lisa.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

While I know there are many more, here are some people that have set career highs in wins with tonight's races still to go...

Garret Folsom - 87 (previous high 61)
Bernard Kwok - 73 (69)
Todd Lucas - 32 (30)
Dom Behan - 71 (66)
Pedro Pastinio - 20 (15)
Anthony Newman - 11 (6)
Cesar Raez - 36 (7)

Also Andrew James has tied his career high of 19 - and just reached 100 career wins
Randall Allen just passed 150
Christophe Desjardin is 1 win shy of 250 (he will be the 17th player to reach that number)
Bernard Kwok passed 400 a while ago, but I just updated the sheet recently.
Lee Cara is now just 1 win shy of 500 career.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Here are the Final Win Updates for Year 45

Garret Folsom - 89
Madelene Gilbert - 80
Bernard Kwok - 73
Dom Behan - 71
Christophe Desjardin - 39
Arthur Cutler - 38
Cesar Raez - 37
Todd Lucas - 32
Randall Allen - 26
Jonathan Fisher - 24

The rest of the group with 10+ wins (Patrick O'Malley, Rafa Usoz, Pedro Pastinio, Shan State, Andrew James, Lucas Davenport, Mark Pavlak, Regina Moore, Ronnie Dee, Kasie Gillespie, Jamie Bates, Laura Ferguson, Kent Saunders, Nena Olson, Anthony Newman, Dan Gordon, Johanna Stk, Ali Hedgestone)

Here are the updated Career Leaders through the end of Year 45

Madelene Gilbert - 1156
Lee Cara - 499
Garret Folsom - 417
Bernard Kwok - 408
Lucas Davenport - 373
Ricky Stamm - 364
Arthur Cutler - 345
Nena Olson - 333
Todd Lucas - 320
Leigh Ann Anderson - 318

The rest of the group with 200+ wins (Alex Puderbaugh, Danny Warren, Louise Bayou, Patrick O'Malley, Susie Rydell, Shiadra Cattari, Christophe Desjardin, Marzy Dotes, Kasie Gillespie, Jolene Danner, Dom Behan, Karl Smythe, Ramey Furney)
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Madelene Gilbert wrote:
Garret Folsom wrote:I've noticed. I'm sure that it will get turned around. You've done so much for the AW community, especially lately that it was bound to hurt your barn at some point.
HAHA, popularity is weird that's for sure. People see my name attached and claim all my horses. :P I've been forced up and out of the claimers, but my horses aren't liking it. And I think I fiddled with the automated exercise scheduling feature and overdid it with my racers. They're REALLY upset with me this year lol.
as an active Claimer when i see your name i check the horse regardless of what his form or sire is
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Joseph Depaulo wrote: as an active Claimer when i see your name i check the horse regardless of what his form or sire is
You and Bernard! And quite a few others. I'm not too upset people are claiming my horses (I wish they would claim more!) but sometimes I see one of my fillies claimed that I wanted to keep and I think "Shoot, I should have put her in a more expensive tag!"
Last edited by Madelene Gilbert 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Most of the time in Aw to get a nice mare your claiming in the 65k bracket due to the lack of nice mares and also productives can win stakes. Also if I claim anything from you and you want her even if I'm not selling her I'll almost always sell a lease
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I wish I could get a productive to win a Stakes race. I struggle with my Allowance gallopers in stakes races. I have seen it happen, but it's I don't think it's as common as it used to be.