Shalom Babies

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Shalom Babies

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I am like years behind on this, but here’s a thread where I can keep track of Shalom babies.

This is Shalom.

She’s pretty awesome. She won the F+M turf mile in year 33. Since then she’s been making pretty babies.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Re: Shalom Babies

STILL RACING

This is Memento Mori

She’s the best horse I’ll ever have. She’s won the SC Juvy Fillies Turf, The SC Turf Mile and she’s won the Dubai Millennium Mile twice. She’s going to retire at the end of the year and I’m going to cry about it, but it’ll be time for her to leave the track and make babies.

She’s had an amazing rivalry with Distant Dream who is also retiring at the end of the year. I’m about 75% sure that I’ll breed her to Distant Dream for the fun of it. I’m actually glad that he won the Pegasus because I was starting to feel like a jerk. Memo’s first foal will be by Distant Dream.

Memo runs next in the Arcadia Ladies Mile. She’ll only have 5 starts this year but I’m ok with it since she’s older and somewhat unsound. As of right now she’s be running in the SC Mile. I thought about putting her in the filly version, but in the end I’d have no excuse for skipping the bigger race.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

This is Vinces

He’s a special boy. He’s named after an italian restaurant that had been in my neighborhood since in the 1940’s. Amazing food and my family used to have big gatherings there all the time.. I live roughly 15 minutes south of where Hollywood Park used to be, and Vinces became the go-to place for Simsters after big race days. Hollywood Park’s gone now, and sadly this restaurant is too. The owner gave control to the son and the guy SOMEHOW ran the place into the ground even though it was always ALWAYS full of people and the community rallied around it when their troubles became public. Not that I’m still bitter over it….

ANYWAYS, so yes, this guy became a sentimental favorite before he’d even ran. He’s 2 for 2 and his next start is the Bubbly Stakes week 13. Even if he wins I’m not sure I’ll run him in the SC. He’s been a surprise in that he’s ‘only’ an Allowance galloper but he’s had great works and now two easy victories. We’ll see what happens after his next race.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

STILL RACING - NOT MINE

This is Shabbat. She’s owned by Danny Derby. She’s 2 for 5 and was second last out in a GIII. I like her pedigree; War Lock’s by Held High who sired this filly’s half sister Ebonheart. I haven’t talked to Danny but I’m pretty sure he’s going to retire this thing at the end of the year.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Youngins

This is L’chaim. She’s owned by Ashley Gibson. She was an allowance at the beginning of year, but she hasn’t been galloped since the change over so I’m allowed to hope she’s stepped it up. Or, if she’s still an allowance, that she’s the same caliber as Vinces.

This is Unetaneh Tokef. Ooo-nay-tah-nay Toe-kehff. I picked The Blessed Wolf because he’s by Eohippus. Eo’s the sire of Memento Mori so I’m a big fan of this cross.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Retired Stuff

This is Rilian.

He’s kind of awesome. He won back to back SC miles years 38 and 39. If you want a fancy stud he’s standing for 25k. He has two millionaires in Listen and Strength, plus some fancy horses still left on the track. I’m linking some here to make looking them up easier for me.
Paramour won’t run until next year but she’s got super fancy works.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

This is Ebonheart.

She was a fancy racehorse. She went 12 for 16 with an SC win and over 2 million in earnings. I love her for being a good race horse and for her SC win. It’s one of my career highlights. Which is good because she’s not a fancy broodmare. She’s a Formidable mare and her three foals so far are pretty abysmal. I’d really like to get a good foal out of her but I’ll still love her if she nevers produces anything.

This is Shanti. She’s Shalom’s first foal. She’s also kind of a fart face. :(

This is Tranquility. She is not a fart face. She’s off making fancy foals that The Steward sells to people who are not me. One of these days I’ll probably cave in and buy one of her babies, and Emily will laugh all the way to bank because I’ll have given back the money I got from our deal.

Salaam won 400k on the track but hasn't had a runner yet. She's also a fart face.

Beauty was a fart face on the race track but she is a Blue Hen. That means she better produce at least one nice baby for her owner.

[url=Mia Tuta Amo[/url] is a full sister to Rilian. She won 250k on the track. Her first foal is an allowance and the steward plunked down 650k to lease her this year. I have high hopes for her future babies.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

While I don't carry milers in my stable, as a rule, I can appreciate the brilliance of this line. Congrats Rebecca, very well done!
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

She Is Truly Amazing and her babies are brilliant
Only bad thing is I don't own one of my own LOL
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

I <3 Shalom! She's super woman!

Also, thanks for the Paramour love!!
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Fanta Arcadia wrote: Also, thanks for the Paramour love!!
I love her a lot, except for the part where I have to race against her ;)
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote:
Fanta Arcadia wrote: Also, thanks for the Paramour love!!
I love her a lot, except for the part where I have to race against her ;)
That's exactly how I've felt about Memento Mori ;)
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee