To Whom it May Concern

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

To Whom it May Concern

Post by Scott Eiland »

Hi everyone. You may have noticed that after week six the hold all tickets podcast Has been on a hiatus. Or you've noticed maybe that I've been quiet this year in general. Regardless, I come to you today humbly requesting your prayers and thoughts as I face what is Undoubtedly the fight of my life.

I'm battling anxiety and depression like always but things have taken a turn physically where I haven't been able to wrestle in four months and I haven't been able to make physical appearances in six. It has been an excruciating time that will likely result in a extended absence from the SIM.

All is not lost. We have caught most of my issues before they became untenable but I'm frankly breaking down thanks to years of behaving like the Joey Chestnut of(fill in the blank).

Turns out i've got some stuff to work out. It is going to take time and it is going to take a lot of work. I believe I am going to be equal to the task. Feel free to reach out; I am not going anywhere yet. But thank you for whatever spiritual aid you all might be able to render.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Danny Warren
Grade 1 Winner

Re: To Whom it May Concern

Post by Danny Warren »

Hi Scott
I am so sorry to hear this and I hope like Hades that everything will come good for you sooner rather than later....hang in there mate, you'll beat, I believe that in the deepest recesses of my heart.

As someone in a similar boat...I leave the safety of the house to feed the dogs, go to the doctor and the shops, but that's about my limit mentally and physically due to what anxiety, depression and the rest pf my 'crazies' has done to me...I've got an inkling of what you're going through and I would never wish it on anyone.

Know that no matter what, you've got support and friends here who stick with you in your fight.

I don't know if this helps any, but when I was a young kid, my parents hung a poster on my wall, and no matter how bad the day is, I try my level best to use its words to help me want to fight..... 'Determination will win in the end'

The Beast is vicious and as you know wins more battles than not, and it has sadly beaten many......but I know that you will not let it win the war.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Hey Scott,

I could sit here and talk about how great you are for a big long paragraph that I hope and expect many others will do. But I'm going to keep it short and sweet. The SIM is a better place because of you. Best of luck with your battle, we're all wishing you the best.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Sorry to hear things have been such a struggle. Life really likes to throw #$%#$% at us sometimes. Will keep you in your thoughts as you fight to overcome this and come back better and Scottier.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Scott, sending healing thoughts and prayers your way. You can do this.

I have recently been in and out of hospitals and many different doctor visits, I know it can be a slow uphill climb. If anyone can get to the top of that hill and win, it is you, my friend.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Sorry to hear you are going through a low point in life.

I've never had but a few rounds with anxiety, and that was when I was in a wheelchair for 4 months, then another 6 months getting back on my feet, and knowing I could no longer work, and wondering how I was going to pay all my bills while waiting for the almost endless process of disability to go through.

Depression though... I've lived with that since I was about 16. (I'm 53 now) I know how it can bring a person down to the point where they can't even hardly move for days on end...and doing anything physically and even mentally, (like balancing a checkbook) is a monumental effort.

I know this sounds trite, but from my own personal experience, I hope you can find some laughter in your life to help you with your depression. Find as much humorous stuff that you can to laugh about and do this many times a day and every day. Watch comedy movies, search out funny YouTube clips, or get together with some friends and stay away from serious topics and try to talk about funny things in your life.

It has been proven that laughter produces endorphins in one's brain, that are lacking when one is depressed. I kind of knew that for a long time, but never really actively pursued things to laugh at on a daily basis...then HaHa came along.

He made me laugh so many times each day, and after about 3 months of owning him, I realized something good was going with my outlook on things. I was feeling more alert, feeling more energetic and rarely had negative thoughts. That long term, and steady supply of endorphins I was getting from all that laughter was a game changer in my life. I truly believe now, it's better than any drug any pharmaceutical company has ever made for depression. I don't know much about anxiety...but maybe it could help that a little too - might be worth looking into.

HaHa literally 'fixed' something in my head during the 2 year I had him, and now, 8 months later after having lost him, I still feel the positive benefits of those 2 years of laughing everyday, even though I also have grieved for him during that time,too. I haven't felt so differently, since I was 16 years old and depression became a serious thing in my life.

Like I said, I know it sounds trite, and I also know it's very hard to find humor in things when one is in a deep depression episode, but give it a try and also try to look around for things you find beautiful and take the time to take notice of it. I never took anti-depression drugs, but did a lot of reading on how to manage it without the drugs, and one of the things I read was to not walk through life with 'blinders' on.

Many people don't stop to notice a pretty sunset, or a piece of artwork on a wall, but by getting into the habit of making your brain actively see and appreciate the beautiful things around you that you might not otherwise notice - then that might also help trigger endorphins that can help battle depression.

I hope that you can get back on track soon and be able to do the things you enjoy doing. From your note, it sounds like you are getting help and already working on things, so I hope what I've said about the laughter and trying to appreciate the beauty of life around adds to that if you give it a try.

Here's a dose of laughter... even if one's seen if before, it's still funny : )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4ML5ymlCFA

Best of luck,

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

We are here for you Scott! You know I'm always a text away, even if ADD regularly takes over. I just wanted to offer an encouraging word: after a lifetime of anxiety, and 8 months of debilitating panic attacks and depression, I'm on a medication that is absolutely working for me and has taken it all away. Once it builds up in your system and starts working, it can really change your life. Then you have the energy and focus to tackle everything else! I'm all about having people boss me to keep working out when I get overwhelmed and flat out forget to do it, so we can boss each other if you need!

(I loved Tammy's saying of Scottier, we definitely need that).
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Dear Scotty,
My name is Mary Lou (I know you are one of the few people in the game aware of me being of the female persuasion, but I thought after all this time an introduction was called for) and from the day I signed up, you have been my light on the horizon. I could always count on you for great entertainment and cool inside information whether you coaxed it from Emily or Eric. Whether it was a podcast or an article (I would like to see the Randall Awards come back, lol), you are golden.
If there is anything we as a community can do (I'm aware many others feel the same), please let us know.

You are important to us, and don't you bloody well forget that!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

I am wishing you the best Scott. Stay strong and keep fighting the beast. This is a great community for support and everyone is here for you.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Scott, I am thankful that you found the strength to face your demons and to reach out to the community. Depression and anxiety are horrible (yeah, like I need to tell you that, right?), but know that there are many people who think you are a pretty good guy and I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

My prayers and thoughts will be with you, Scott! I was just thinking this morning "where has Scott been?". You are sorely missed; by myself, and I'm sure many other SIMsters. You go out there and fight the fight, we are all pulling for you! I wish there was something I could do for you, but I will be thinking about you frequently. Godspeed, Scott!!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Re: To Whom it May Concern update

Post by Scott Eiland »

After my accident I have been rehabilitating in a skilled nursing. Facility. I'm trying to get better, and it is going well so far.

I still need all the help I can get. Thank you all for your prayers and positive thoughts
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way, Scott.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Scott we are sending prayers your way! Just get better soon, we need our Scotty back soon!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Scotty!!!!!!!
How are you? We miss you!!!!!!