What is Your Occupation?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

What is your occupation?

Full time
55%
Half time
3%
Part Time
5%
Unemployed
1%
Sick leave
3%
Student
3%
Retired/Pensioned
22%
Other
8%

Total votes: 74

Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Re: What is Your Occupation?

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 9 months ago
Arthur Cutler wrote: 9 months ago Retired 2 years ago due to horrible cancer which I deal with daily...Just taking my life a day at a time and playing sims makes the days more eventful...My motto "You can't have a positive body with a negative mind"... I can beat this
So sad to hear... I really hope you beat this! I wish you the best! <3
Thanks Flizan i appreciate the kind words…Everyday is a struggle as i try to survive…You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Arthur Cutler wrote: 9 months ago Retired 2 years ago due to horrible cancer which I deal with daily...Just taking my life a day at a time and playing sims makes the days more eventful...My motto "You can't have a positive body with a negative mind"... I can beat this
I'm so sorry you are having to deal with cancer. But your attitude shines! You rock, Arthur!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Darcy McBride wrote: 9 months ago
I'm so sorry you are having to deal with cancer. But your attitude shines! You rock, Arthur!
Thank you Darcy I appreciate the thoughts... I will never give up hope I have to much to live for...My Wife is the rock star... She has taken our wedding vows in sickness and in health up to the highest standards..I cant tell you all that she does for me it would fill a book but I would say if not for her I wouldn't be here today
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Carolyn Eaton wrote: 10 months ago I am a "mostly" retired physician that worked in University setting and public health. I do occasional locums (temp) gigs, but mostly I travel while the hubby and I are still physically capable of doing so
Add author, please…and we’re expecting another too!
Rachel Levenworth
Two Year Old

Post by Rachel Levenworth »

Currently, I'm a part-time nanny, however, I'm working on an apprenticeship to be a web developer and I am really hoping to eventually become a full time game developer.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 9 months ago
Carolyn Eaton wrote: 10 months ago I am a "mostly" retired physician that worked in University setting and public health. I do occasional locums (temp) gigs, but mostly I travel while the hubby and I are still physically capable of doing so
Thanks for remembering! I have finished the rough draft of book 2 twice - the first one was really bad, so just scrapped it. The second one's OK but waaaay too long and needs some serious editing, but I need to create structure in my life to do this and my life is very unstructured right now.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Carolyn Eaton wrote: 9 months ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 9 months ago
Thanks for remembering! I have finished the rough draft of book 2 twice - the first one was really bad, so just scrapped it. The second one's OK but waaaay too long and needs some serious editing, but I need to create structure in my life to do this and my life is very unstructured right now.
My sister periodically asks when number 2 is coming out or if we missed it. When you’re ready, so are we. No pressure!

P.S. Enjoy your travels!
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

Sperm donor
Phil Furlong
Two Year Old

Post by Phil Furlong »

First of all….Arthur, you are a rock and I so admire your courage and attitude!
What a brave and generous soul.
Me….after a 47 year career in corporate finance, retired in 2022 to spend time with my wife and two very young grandkids who live 90 miles away, seeing them every couple of weeks…..never knew that being a g-father would be so rewarding.
Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming sim year!
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Nada. Full time fictitious horse trainer. Not as good at it as I should be either. :-(
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Phil Furlong wrote: 9 months ago First of all….Arthur, you are a rock and I so admire your courage and attitude!
What a brave and generous soul.
Me….after a 47 year career in corporate finance, retired in 2022 to spend time with my wife and two very young grandkids who live 90 miles away, seeing them every couple of weeks…..never knew that being a g-father would be so rewarding.
Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming sim year!
Thank you so much to take the time to ackowledge what I have been going through... I highly appreciate the sentiment I really do....Please enjoy your retirment you deserve it and especially enjoy your grandkids...That is what life is all about...Please stay well and healthy my friend and thanks again
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

I don’t work, I’m disabled and I don’t have enough time for this game. 🤣

I grew up on a dairy farm when I was young. As a major tomboy, I loved the cows and got plenty dirty being around them but I loved it. I started 4-H when I was 9. My father gave me a heifer to raise and show at the fair from his best producing Holstein #357. I was obsessed. I learned how to judge cattle and get them ready for the show ring at a very young age. I halter broke them young. Knew how to properly clean and clip them too. I became obsessed with the stud books with all the AI bulls. This is when pedigree obsession first appeared in my life. ESPECIALLY when my heifer became breeding age. By the time my first heifer was in her first lactation my father got me a registered Holstein that I hand picked from a breeder. I still remember all my cows. My first one was a grade Holstein with no papers. I named her Daffy. The registered gal was named Elaine. Her registered name was Venida Startrek Elaine. Her sire was Skagvale Startrek and her mother was named Venida Lothario Joannie. Elaine was a very successful show cow. She won me Grand Champion 4-H Holstein and Grand Champion all breeds for 4-H and also Grand Champion of FFA and 4-H. I brought all my cattle to that fair that year(3). My oldest, Daffy won her age group but also got beat by Elaine for Champion making her the reserve champion. I also had a daughter of Daffy named Jackie who won Junior champion and the two of them won the Dam and daughter class. Then in the showing competition I used Jackie because she was an incredibly well trained little showboat and she was mostly white and was as clean as fresh snow. Her clipping was sublime. She was a joy in the ring. I won the fitting and showing class which gave me the most pride.

My story is so long I could rattle on and on.

In between my first two 4-H projects I was involved in a car accident and suffered a traumatic brain injury that paralyzed my left side. I had to have a plate put in my head. I was in the hospital a lot but I was bound and determined to show my cow at the fair and play basketball. I was lucky I was young because I did it. Even with basketball I had to wear a helmet while I played the first year. I didn’t care. I wanted to play.

By the time the next year came around, I got about 70% of my speed back. I was very, very fast. Before the accident they timed me in the 50yard dash. I was almost 10 and ran a 6.6 .Yeah, I was very fast.
A year after the accident I was running again and playing basketball. By the time I was 13/14 I set my school’s record for the 100 yard and 220 yard dashes. 12.4 and 28.1. This was after the accident which I never got 100% of my ability back from.

I do remember the year before my accident my mother introduced me to the TV watching a locally owned horse run a big race. That was the great Seattle Slew(I lived in WA at the time). This was the day I entered the horse racing sphere.

I went on with life quite normally, finished school, got a high paying job( worked there for almost 20 years), bought a house, bought a computer and that’s when I discovered Alvin Warth’s pedigree site(became pedigree query). I literally learned the stud book. I bought so many books. I literally have a small library about the breed that is the Thoroughbred. I started writing and actually got published on the now defunct Pedigree Post.

Life moved on, I got married in 2008 and 3 years later I got MS. Guess where it attacked? Yep right on the prior damaged area of my brain. There went my left side again. Sigh. It took 2 years to get disability pay.

So here I am. I’m also thinking about writing again about pedigrees and the downfall of the industry. I am so sad right now watching Arlington Park getting torn apart for the stupid Bears.
Meghan Kingsley
Sprinter

Post by Meghan Kingsley »

I work part-time in a library, and full-time on our family farm! We raise corn and soybeans and have a couple of horses. I show dogs as well, when there's a show that's within a days' drive and I happen to have the weekend free (rare).
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

So I’m a little bit late to the party, but here we go. I am a stay at home mom that homeschools all four of her kiddos (grades 6th, 4th, 2nd, & pre-k). Plus I run our family farm (poultry) while my husband (commercial electrician) is at work. I’ve been slacking so much on here, but would love to get involved again!
Jose Eduardo Jarrin Vasquez
Two Year Old

Post by Jose Eduardo Jarrin Vasquez »

I'm a lawyer in a multinational beer company. Yes, we do have free beers but only 3 per person each day xD. I am saving to fulfill my dream of having my own racehorse farm. It seems that this year I will be able to buy the mare with which the dream will begin.