Roughian

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Roughian

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago I spentn $100,000 to bred her to a stallion, who at age 14, might not be around near the end of the year.
Just saw the news with John Smith's article that the old boy is pensioning on Wednesday. I'm glad he got to see the big mare and hoping the baby is who will finally give Roughian freak producer status!

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Congrats on the stakes win from In The Air Tonight!
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Drew her two grandbabies I'm lucky enough to have!!!

Esperanza (left) and Roanoke (right)
Last edited by Ren Marston 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Ren Marston wrote: 1 year ago Drew her two grandbabies I'm lucky enough to have!!!

Wow! They are very beautiful!

I'm glad to see that both are stakes...which great, since both your foals have different dams out of Roughian - crossing my fingers that they will upgrade to freaks too.

I hope their racing career is as pretty as they look, and they end up being awesome broodmares once retired.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Wow those arts are beautiful! And that is fantastic that they are both stakes. :o :o
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago
Ren Marston wrote: 1 year ago Drew her two grandbabies I'm lucky enough to have!!!

Wow! They are very beautiful!

I'm glad to see that both are stakes...which great, since both your foals have different dams out of Roughian - crossing my fingers that they will upgrade to freaks too.

I hope their racing career is as pretty as they look, and they end up being awesome broodmares once retired.

Stormy
I redid the background a bit and i think it made it a little more stunning- also, Esperanza has a breeding shed comment so that bodes well!!
Last edited by Ren Marston 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Very nice Ren!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I like the background change...makes it (for me, at least) look more calm and serene with a natural background compared to rails and buildings.

Also, congrats on the breeding shed comment on Esparanza.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I love that background, Ren! I like the addition of the trees.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Her newest granddaughter has arrived. <3 She is 'sound' and 'interested.'
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nicole Marie wrote: 11 months ago Her newest granddaughter has arrived. <3 She is 'sound' and 'interested.'
Looks like she's off to a good start in being Sound, and also Interested.
Her grand-dam, Roughian was Somewhat Unsound, but was also Interested, so your filly has one upped her in that regard : )

I hope that when she gallops you get a stakes or a freak : ) And in the long run, you get an awesome broodmare with her.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Stormy Peak wrote: 11 months ago
Nicole Marie wrote: 11 months ago Her newest granddaughter has arrived. <3 She is 'sound' and 'interested.'
Looks like she's off to a good start in being Sound, and also Interested.
Her grand-dam, Roughian was Somewhat Unsound, but was also Interested, so your filly has one upped her in that regard : )

I hope that when she gallops you get a stakes or a freak : ) And in the long run, you get an awesome broodmare with her.

Stormy
Thank you so much again for the lease!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I’m getting jealy. I saw someone with a mare from the same line and tried to get a lease but couldn’t make a deal happen. Now ren throws it in my face every other day since festivus. Best of like to y’all.
;p
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 11 months ago I’m getting jealy. I saw someone with a mare from the same line and tried to get a lease but couldn’t make a deal happen. Now ren throws it in my face every other day since festivus. Best of like to y’all.
only because you deserve it

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I've had about the worst Sim season ever. I don't think any of my 2 year old could out run an old fat weiner dog, and the rest of my crew are older runners. I also am poor in real life, so I use my Sim money to buy GPs.

So, this year, I didn't breed Roughian right away, as it was going to cost me $2 million to save her + the cost of the stud fee.

It was still going to be tight, given how the year turned out, but I got some help from a fellow Simster who bred a number of her mares to my stallions. I won't say her name unless she okays it. But it jumped my account balance up enough that tonight I spent the money and bred Roughian.

I chose a colt this time. She's only had 1 colt, Billy Jack, but unfortunately, he Peaked upon turning 2...and his peak didn't last long...by the time he was 3 he was already struggling.

I think Roughian's foals are not the best runners, but I think her daughters are going to be Very Strong broodmares. Getting really good results with her fillies foaling stakes types.

I also wonder too, if I should have bred more colts?

It could have been she was the type of broodmare that threw nice colts and her first one peaking so soon...that was a fluke. He was a stakes, just caught a bad break in being over the hill before he got into his 3 year old season.

Anyway, here is Roughian's newest. : )

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1745513&

His pedigree chart just blows me away ! Also, it's a solid wall of headshots!

I love all the sires and with Improvisational...mares by Night's Quiet are in 2nd place as far as best nicks go.
He's sired a good number of male millionaires...so crossing my fingers.

But yeah...the sires:
Improvisational, Reddington, Sidney, Summerland, Itoko, Andre, Night's Quiet

And the broodmares
Summersational, Shahir'ra, Bolt From The Blue, Shahir'ra (again), Forethought, Fortitude, Roughian.

Love that the Super broodmare, Shahir'ra is in the 3rd generation on both the top and bottom parts of the pedigree.

I just hope this colt gets a fair shake, with the slide and in NOT peaking as a yearling, or at the start of age 2.
I also hope he likes dry or is no preference. I've had so many "Loves Mud" types lately...and of course, the Sim seems to be having a drought.

Next year, I'll be farming Roughian out to a stable who's owner showed some interest in her. If he's still willing to do it, he will take her on, pay the $4 million to save her to breed again. After that, it will cost $8 Million. I doubt I'll have that much... so maybe she gets farmed out again if someone is willing to save her. That, or I breed her one last time. : )

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000