My Heart of Hearts and Progeny

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Re: My Heart of Hearts and Progeny

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Harden Your Heart joins some impressive company by winning two Doncaster Trophies in a row. The first horse to do so was Iron way back in Year 23 and Year 24; Harden Your Heart accomplished the feat on the 20th anniversary of Iron's second victory. Tried and Tested accomplished the feat in Year 28 and Year 29, and Firestar came close to the feat when he won it in Year 33 and Year 35 but finished third in Year 34.

Harden Your Heart will race Week 13, and then again in Week 16 in the Steward's Cup Turf Mile. I have decided to race him as a five year old kicking off the year in the Pegasus Turf Mile. Dubai is a projected goal, and a repeat run in the Doncaster Trophy is planned if all goes well.
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

In Harden Your Heart's Week 13 race he finished second to the talented Knock Four Times. He entered into the Steward's Cup off a three week rest and was looking good and vetting good for the event. Unfortunately he would stumble as soon as the gates opened, and finished a disappointing sixth. It is the first time he has finished off the board let alone out of the money.

Harden Your Heart will target the Pegasus Turf Mile and is vetting "A-OK". He will then return to Asia to compete there and then Week 10 he will attempt a third consecutive win in the Doncaster Trophy; if all goes well. He is subject to retirement at any point this year based on how he runs. His fee is still undetermined, but he will stand for no less than $20,000.

~~~~

In other news: My Heart of Hearts, who I have had a love hate relationship with since her three year old season, has finally lived up to her blue hen ranking and graced me with a freak. This lovely chestnut filly stands at 15.3 hands and has no markings whatsoever. She was sired by 2x Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner Rilian and her dam was the Steward's Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf winner of Year 39. Her name is Paramour:

Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

The Pegasus Turf Mile was a race for the ages, and I'm glad Harden Your Heart could take part in it! Distant Dream is a fantastic, once in a lifetime horse and it was about time he got his revenge against Memento Mori, who lost none of her luster finishing in third after a steadied start. In winning the race Distant Dream became the richest turf miler of all time, and I'm sure he'll add to that total before he retires at year's end. I already have My Heart of Hearts booked to visit him next year (Yr. 46)! Famousaer also returned to his speedy ways when he finished second, and stamped himself as a four year old force to be reckoned with.

I'd also like to extend congratulations to all of the other victors in the first ever Pegasus Championships! They are all phenomenal horses with bright racing careers, and breeding careers (excluding the geldings of course) ahead of them! I wish everyone the best of luck in their future endeavors!

As far as what Harden Your Heart will be doing after his fourth place finish in the event, he has since returned to Japan where he is targeting the Week 5 Grade 2 Osaka Mile. He will follow that up with a run in the Grade 1 Hong Kong Champions Mile, and hopefully a third consecutive win in the Doncaster Trophy. If he wins his third Doncaster Trophy it will be a feat that no other turf miler has accomplished in the SIM.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Paramour galloped yesterday and I worked her today which means she should probably do better by her next workout in a week from now, but she wasn't too shabby in her first recorded workout going 4 furlongs on turf in :46.17.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

I was so nervous tonight before the race, the field contained some of the best turf milers in the Asia and the South Pacific. It's nice to see that the Steward's Cup and Pegasus Turf Mile took nothing out of my boy who popped a career best 90SF to win the Grade 2 Osaka Mile.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Harden Your Heart just became the first and only horse to ever win 3 consecutive Doncaster Trophies! He is also not only my first millionaire but my first multi-millionaire as well. This horse makes me so happy it's unbelievable. He only has two more races to come and then it's off to the breeding shed.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Harden Your Heart has won his next to last race in the Grade 3 Buddha Trophy, and his final race will come in the Grade 1 Hong Kong Turf Mile.

While his career is wrapping up, another career is starting in my Steward bred purchase of Who Needs Luck. I wanted that colt from the moment I first laid eyes on him. His sire Make My Own Luck won the Steward's Cup Juvenile Turf the year My Heart of Hearts won the filly edition of the race. Who Needs Luck's dam is Dorothy who went head to head with My Heart of Hearts several times over the course of their careers.

Who Needs Luck's juvenile season is taking the exact same path as Harden Your Heart's juvenile season with one minor difference. Harden Your Heart broke his maiden in Argentina before making the journey to Japan. Who Needs Luck began in Japan and broke his maiden at first outing. They both made their graded stakes and stakes debut in the Grade 3 Ueno Park Stakes, both finished second with speed figures in the 70s. They both then proceeded to come back in the Grade 3 Seven Thunders Stakes and break through stakes ranks with figures in the 80s.

So as the torch passes from one to the other the next few SIM years should be interesting! Include Paramour into that and I'll be a bundle of nerves for the next few years ;-)
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Love You Like That is sooooooo CUTE!
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Paramour has been given the all clear from the vet so we're ready to rock and roll in a field of nine!

I'm so excited!
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Tonight is Paramour's stakes debut in the Pop Idol Stakes, and my speed crazy girl drew the rail. Should be interesting with several nice horses in the gate with her.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Thank you soooo much to Izabella Matticks for the wonderful article about my beloved mare!
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

A lot of moving and shaking in the family has happened since I last updated. I'm sad to announce that the great My Heart of Hearts has been pensioned from breeding after foaling complications; she was saved to live out the rest of her life as an eventer at her long time home of Magic Raven Japan.

While she was a wonderful racehorse in her own right, it is in the shed that her legacy will endure. Out of 9 foals to race thus far (she has a 2yo, yearling, and foal making 12 total) six of them are stakes winners: four of them are Grade 1 winners, another is a Grade 2 winner, and the sixth is a Grade 3 winner who has just improved to a stakes galloper.

Her progeny are headlined by her highest earner Harden Your Heart who won 8 Grade 1 races, including being the only horse to ever win the Doncaster Trophy three times in a row, and earned $2.2 million.

Following him is arguably her greatest foal, Paramour. Paramour won the Toronto Mile, ran second in the Dubai Millennium Mile twice, and won a whole host of other races against some of the best in the world in front-running fashion. She retired with $2,150,000 in earnings.

Love You Like That is a full sister to Harden Your Heart and she too was a Grade 1 winner. During her career she won three Simmys including African Horse of the Year and African Champion Older Female and $1.5 million in earnings.

Kickstart My Heart is next on the progeny earnings list and she has never won a Grade 1. She was foiled from emulating her dam in winning the Steward's Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf by the mighty Sia. She has $888,000 in earnings and is racing her final season this year.

Eat Your Heart Out is her 3 year old colt and a full brother to Paramour. He won his first Grade 1 at the end of the year last year, and has already won a stakes race to kick off this year!

Life is Strange is a Grade 3 winner for Rebecca Rose Hepburn, and she improved from allowance to stakes. So good things to come from this filly!

Rawr, Here We Stand, and Seeingouttheangel didn't amount to much in their racing careers, and their breeding careers are following the same vein. My Heart of Hearts has an unnamed 2 year old by Mickey for Ashley Gibson.

Then the final two are a yearling by Red Ferns who was bred by the Steward (she is a freak), and a foal by Steelslayer is her last. The Steelslayer foal was named Aloha 'Oe meaning "Farewell to Thee" and she was bred by yours truly.

It's hard to put into words what My Heart of Hearts means to me in the SIM. To put it simply she was my heart, she was everything.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I was just looking at this family line a couple days ago, her granddaughter through Paramour, Devotedly is a 3/4 sibling to my new stewardbred. Unfortunately the quarter that is missing is this amazing line, created by you! What an accomplishment! I’m sure it’s a feat even most vetran players cannot claim!

Congratulations with her, and all her progeny’s success! Sorry to hear of her pensoning, but she managed to give you many many amazing foals in her years as a broodmare <3

Maybe Harden Your Heart will still be around in a couple years and I can breed him to my SB filly for an interesting cross <3 or maybe she would even like Eat Your Heart Out (that would be a 2x3 to Rilian)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Rochelle Guile wrote: 5 years ago I was just looking at this family line a couple days ago, her granddaughter through Paramour, Devotedly is a 3/4 sibling to my new stewardbred. Unfortunately the quarter that is missing is this amazing line, created by you! What an accomplishment! I’m sure it’s a feat even most vetran players cannot claim!

Congratulations with her, and all her progeny’s success! Sorry to hear of her pensoning, but she managed to give you many many amazing foals in her years as a broodmare <3

Maybe Harden Your Heart will still be around in a couple years and I can breed him to my SB filly for an interesting cross <3 or maybe she would even like Eat Your Heart Out (that would be a 2x3 to Rilian)
Thank you for the kind words Rochelle! I am super proud of this mare and her babies. I hope your Stewardbred filly is something special!

If Harden Your Heart isn't around, you may want to check out Paramour's newest colt Superbia (3x3 to Rilian with your filly)! I have high hopes for Superbia as he was bred on the same cross as Silent Kisses <3
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Fanta Arcadia wrote: 5 years ago
Rochelle Guile wrote: 5 years ago I was just looking at this family line a couple days ago, her granddaughter through Paramour, Devotedly is a 3/4 sibling to my new stewardbred. Unfortunately the quarter that is missing is this amazing line, created by you! What an accomplishment! I’m sure it’s a feat even most vetran players cannot claim!

Thank you for the kind words Rochelle! I am super proud of this mare and her babies. I hope your Stewardbred filly is something special!

If Harden Your Heart isn't around, you may want to check out Paramour's newest colt Superbia (3x3 to Rilian with your filly)! I have high hopes for Superbia as he was bred on the same cross as Silent Kisses <3
Awesome tip! I’ll add him to Slay’s note too :D I hope he does well for you!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt