Queen of Atlantis

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Queen of Atlantis

Post by Carole Hanson »

She placed 3rd in the King George today. I'm starting to worry that if I continue with the schedule I've got her on right now, I'll ruin her :| But at the same time, I really want to run in the Arc... :|
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

At this point in her career you can't ruin her. She has done more for you than prob any horse you have ever owned.

You are way ahead and anything else is definitely a bonus.

If you want it, go for it. No reason to be scared st this point.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Pete Vella wrote:At this point in her career you can't ruin her. She has done more for you than prob any horse you have ever owned.

You are way ahead and anything else is definitely a bonus.

If you want it, go for it. No reason to be scared st this point.
Very true! Thanks for the insight
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Under 24hrs for the Arc now! Hope she manages to keep placing in top 3 but this race is hard! Good luck to all involved, it'll be an exciting race for sure!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ouch, looks like no SC for her this year. Maybe try and get her confidence back week 1 next year.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

You might be losing a potentially awesome foal by racing that girl at 5 when she is on the decline. But you never know she also can go undefeated at 5 and win all the things.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Yea that's also running through my head. It could just be her time is up but how can I tell? I guess no one can, it's all guess work but it's more fun that way!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

My Queen is running for possibly the last time ever tonight. I didn't think I would be as emotional as I am, it has been quite the ride! The vet gave her the all clear today finally, this past week I've been worrying she wouldn't be 100% for this. Either way, this is a big ask and I don't expect her to win, as long as she runs her best I'll be happy!

Also, shout out to her 2yo brother Satono Moon who just like his sister, ran 2nd in his juvenile Steward's Cup! Maybe he plans to emulate her SC performances? ;)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Everyone is probably fed up with my posts here but this will be the last in this thread. She finished 5th in the Steward's Cup and was retired as by far my most successful horse to date!

I'm very happy to say that the bloodstock agent rated her as a blue hen and her first foal by Kaiju is here! Excited to see what her broodmare career will be like!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Wow so it's been a while since I've posted here, but Queen of Atlantis has been nominated for a spot in the Hall of Fame!! Her category is tough but she is the only 3yo filly EVER to win the SC Turf and I think she deserves her place in the Hall of Fame. And if you listened to the Morning Line Podcast with Nini, Mara and Em, you would have heard Em talk about horses having a 'heart' factor and how that affects their races. There's no better example of a horse displaying heart than Queen of Atlantis' run in the SC Turf of year 45, where she led every step of the way but was passed in the stretch by the legendary Coleman Hell, only to dig her heels in and come right back at the older colt, winning it by 2 lengths in the end. She was such a gritty competitor, and a pretty nice broodmare too!
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Post by Jack Ryder »

Was she any good?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

She was aight