Boonfire family (Dragonsbane!)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Boonfire family (Dragonsbane!)

Post by Erica Olson »

I've been meaning to start a thread for this girl for awhile. I picked up Boonfire for a mere $100 from AJ during a Year 39 break sale, and she has become the foundation mare of my Appy router stable (though she herself was just a formidable). Now pensioned at age 14, she has an amazing collection of foals and grandfoals, starting with SC winner Dragonsbane:

----

Dragonsbane, grandson

3y/o colt, Dragonfire x Boonbail (Flips and Flops x Boonfire)
Earnings: $332,000, 5: 2-2-1

Winner of G1 SC Appaloosa Futurity

Really looking forward to the future with my handsome boy! I'm so excited to actually have a stallion prospect.

----

Boonbail, daughter

6y/o mare, Flips and Flops x Boonfire

This is Dragonsbane's mother. She is a star broodmare. Not only has she produced an SC winner, her 2y/o colt, Blackwater Boon, is also a freak. Maybe we have another Dragonsbane in the making!

----

Prairie Boon, son

7y/o gelding, Flips and Flops x Boonfire
Earnings: $120,430, 34: 9-7-4

Prairie Boon is a stakes winner who was my first homebred 'scary' (he now gallops stakes).

----

Boon Bandit, daughter

5y/o mare, Flips and Flops x Boonfire

Aunt to Dragonsbane, Boon Bandit raced well and has already produced a stakes galloper in her first foal, 1y/o filly Boonwater (by Blackwater Park). I'm hoping she'll be another great broodmare in my stable.

----

Boonsong, daughter

2y/o filly, Lion's Song x Boonfire

Boonsong is Boonfire's final foal, and she gallops stakes. I can't wait to see how she'll do on the track and in the breeding shed!

----

Whew, that's a lot of Boonies! I plan to update this list as they continue their awesomeness. :)
Hall of Fame Pacer!
Highland Billy

Trotter Stud:
Viceroy - 5K
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Boonfire family (Dragonsbane!)

Post by Erica Olson »

I'm so proud of Dragonsbane for winning his second Steward's Cup in a row and being nominated for a SIMMY!! Heading into his 4y/o season, he has earned $750,600 in 12 starts and is the second-highest earning offspring of his sire, Dragonfire.
Hall of Fame Pacer!
Highland Billy

Trotter Stud:
Viceroy - 5K
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Haven't updated this thread in awhile - Dragonsbane is SO CLOSE to being my first millionaire. If he gets enough purse money in the SC to bump him over $1 million, he'll retire to stud this year. Otherwise, I'll keep him racing for at least the first part of next year so that he can get that million.
Hall of Fame Pacer!
Highland Billy

Trotter Stud:
Viceroy - 5K
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Gotta love those foundation mares that come out of nowhere! Good luck in the SC. :)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.