Nyan Cat is ridiculous

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Nyan Cat is ridiculous

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Although Nyan Cat didn't end my stable's SC drought herself on the track, she's one of my favorite horses I've ever bred, and, despite being a 'formidable' mare, she seems to be outperforming every blue hen I've ever owned.

Her first foal, the Imperative filly Praise Helix, won me my first Stewards Cup since Ecailles de Lune in year 35, a race that didn't have a true racecall because of reasons. Notably, Helix is a freak that beat a field that was stacked with other freaks.

Her second foal, the Stalingrad filly Burrito, is merely an allowance, but I love her breeding and I think she'll do nice things for me down the line.

Her most recent foal is the Coleman Hell colt Lazorgator, who is a stakes galloper.

By the way, these names that many of y'all think are awful are references and memes from TwitchPlaysPokemon. Nyan Cat herself was named after a different popular meme, so I decided her foals had to be memes as well!
I have a stable full of cats
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Re: Nyan Cat is ridiculous

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

I love the meme names! Best of luck with all of her progeny, go Praise Helix!
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Re: Nyan Cat is ridiculous

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Wow, I never updated this thread, but I figure better late (real late) than never.

As you can tell, I ended the TwitchPlaysPokemon memes theme pretty early on. However, Praise Helix did end up being the first SC winner in my stable in over a SIM decade!

Although she had a streak of several "eh" foals after Lazorgator, 3 of her last 4 foals were freaks! Amazing for a formidable mare to have 4 freaks! I have blue hens that wish they could produce four freaks lol

But really, Nyan Cat was kinda the beginning of the revitalization of my stable after its near death around year 40, and she'll always be special for that.
I have a stable full of cats