Cat Named Boots

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Cat Named Boots

Post by Brian Leavitt »

With her win against fellow monsters Gather Courage and Cannot Be Apart Week 8 Day 1, Cat Named Boots is the #1 3yo in the Sim by points in *all* divisions and breeds. #2 is Prince Louder (granted, he's a dirt router with fewer races, but still...)

I have no idea how she ended up being this much of a monster, but she, so far, is quite possibly the best horse I've ever bred.
I have a stable full of cats
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Cat Named Boots

Post by Laura Smith »

She's pretty awesome! If she runs well against males W10, are you considering the open SC race?
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

It made me sad to see that Cat Named Boots, companion is not in fact a cat named Boots :(
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Nena Olson wrote: 6 years ago It made me sad to see that Cat Named Boots, companion is not in fact a cat named Boots :(
Haha!!
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Brian did honor Boots by naming a horse after her. I think naming another cat with that name would have been too much, even though it does sound fun. Brian could always ask if it's possible and do it at a later date. The current companion cat is Brian's current cat, the one we call "moo kitty" because her "meow" is so quiet and indistinct, that it sounds more like a muffled "moo".

Boots was quite the character, all black except for her white feet; big, round face with bright "owl like" eyes. Despite what we were told about her age when we got her, she was younger than that and not old enough to be adopted out, so she carried "mommy issues" and probably separation anxiety with her for as long as she was alive. It was just part of her personality and how she interacted with us, which is how she made herself special to us. Probably the most fun thing about her is how she would decide to jump upon a couch or chair and do about twenty pump fakes...actually "jump fakes" before she finally made the jump up.

I'm sure everyone in the family still misses her. What a unique creature!

Congratulations again on breeding and training a wonderful horse, Brian. At least she doesn't sit in the gate and do twenty fake starts before she actually goes!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

In that case, you could have gone for a cat named "Puss". Get it? Puss-n-Boots? LOL
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Oops! Forgot to check this postie for replies!

Laura, that is kinda my train of thought. If she wins this, she may go against the colts week 12, but I'm about 90% certain See You Monday will be in that race, so I may reconsider.

Thanks for some more of the background behind my kitties, Dad!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I hope she does go against him, to be honest, because I think she's never really been pushed (let's throw out last year's SC as a total anomaly on all levels) and I refuse to believe she tops out at a 90SF. He's not invincible ;)
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

This post is overdue, but, at the end of her 4yo season, which concluded with her FINALLY winning a Cup, Cat Named Boots has some very impressive stats so far:

Her 794 points puts her 4th amongst all active Thoroughbreds: the three above her are 2 geldings and a horse who just turned 9 or 10 this year. It also makes her #1 all time amongst turf sprinter females! She has, so far, won 8 grade 1s in her career, a mark that seems to be unmatched amongst turf sprinter fillies (at least, according to the 50 for 50 tribute), and only two males have won more than 8 grade 1s.

I have decided to race her at 5 despite never having run a turf sprint filly as a 5yo because her lines make me unsure of how she will be as a broodmare. It seemed like she actually got faster for the most part in the second half of her 4yo season, so I'm hoping she doesn't lose too much as a 5yo and I can get even more good races out of her. Right now, she's set up to go up against colts early in this year, with her entry in the Pegasus in Week 2 and a probable appearance in the Desert Turf Sprint, assuming she isn't completely dominated in the Pegasus. Here's to hoping for more success for the slidiest slide I've ever had!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Cheers to amazing random slides! Hope she kicks butt this year!
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Boots would be proud of her namesake horse.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Final career stats:

974 points earned (5th amongst all turf sprinters, 1st amongst ALL Thoroughbred females in any division (and 2nd only to the Appy Feigned Innocence amongst females of all breeds).
$3,599,000 earned (first amongst all turf sprint females, 6th amongst turf sprinters overall, not including the fact that the turf sprint all time rankings include Lokite Magic, who raced in two sprints ever)
9 career Grade 1 victories, which I believe is a record in division (for comparison, See You Monday and Sound of the Storm, the top two Turf Sprinters in all time points, have 5 G1 victories each)
Final record; 26: 18-4-2, only missing the board in the SC Turf Sprint as a 3yo and the Desert Turf Sprint as a 5yo.

Now it's time to see what she does as a broodmare. I always had trepidation about her as a broodmare due to her lines, which was as big reason I decided to run her at 5 as was the chance of setting new records amongst all turf sprinter fillies and maybe even a shot at the hall of fame. I could've really hoped she was a blue hen, but with her lines I was always worried she'd end up being a formidable or "good".

Not a hen, but she is a star. I can only hope that she produces better than many of the stars I've owned throughout the years! ;)

Edited to add: She's on the ballot for one last SIMMY! If she wins the simmy this year, that means she will have won simmies in all four years she's raced! I don't want to say too much here since I don't want to pander for votes, and I apologize if even this is too much, but I would very much appreciate your vote! <3