Black Comet

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Black Comet

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I've had several nice turf fillies & mares over my years playing the Sim, but Black Comet has been more fun than most.

Her dam was one I pick up in an end of the year AJ sale, when I was looking for Tattered mares and fillies as broodmare prospects. Her sire, Halley's Comet, was one I was interested in supporting because of his dam sire, my beloved Constant Stranger.

When I first started working Black Comet, she wasn't flashy. Her first gallops were "productive" or indicated she might be a morning glory. None of her timed works were very good. Then I entered her in a maiden race and she blew the field away, posting a 99 speed figure. Then, like an idiot I failed to cancel some scheduled training and injured her. She sat out five weeks before coming back with a strong 2nd place finish to Chandelier to close out her 2 YO season, even though she was not a peak fitness.

I finally got her back into shape for an amazing 3 YO season in Europe, where she was only defeated once (again) by Chandelier. With that kind of season, I decided to send her to the Steward's Cup F&M turf where she faced one of the best fields of turf females in memory. She was beaten by a head by the freak Our Very Last Kiss, after leading the field on a merry chase.

I can't wait to see what her 4 YO season holds.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Re: Black Comet

Post by Dan Kauffman »

She is super-duper nice and I can’t wait to see what she does in Year 49!
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

She is SUCH a nice filly! Congratulations on her!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Thanks guys! And now she's a Simmy winner to boot.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Last night my girl added another G1 win. She may be my favorite horse that I've owned since Soldier Girl Glory or Tanis. I'm already dreading her retirement.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

My girl topped her final season racing by coming within 3/4 of a length of perfection. Here's hoping her foals can accomplish the elusive SC win she missed by 3/4 of a length and a head.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

I still absolutely love this girl. Sad that she came up short in her SC bids, because she deserved to be an SC champ.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Never a SC winner, but a three time Simmy winner. Thank you to all who voted for Black Comet as the NA turf female and NA older female champion. Her first foal looks to be very special. Oh, what fun this new phase will be!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Congrats on the Simmys! She deserves them all!