Kings Stand Aside

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Kings Stand Aside

Post by Ash Tarasin »

My sorrel mare Kings Stand Aside just crossed the finish line in the Steward's Cup Appaloosa Matron making her a Steward's Cup-winner for the third consecutive time. She's also my first homebred millionaire and the current standing third richest Appaloosa router of all time. Racing in stakes her entire career, never failing to hit the board (least until time of writing!). In fact she's been first or second every time she went on the track except from her first try in the Appaloosa Router filly's other G1 as a 3yo against older fillies when she came in third.

Kings Stand Aside's dam Silvana was born in my very first crop. Silvana was rated a stakes galloping filly which in practice made her an allowance winner. She was out of Light Toss, a mare I bought in one of Kenneth Prater's auctions back in Y44. It was the same year I joined so I don't think the 10.000 I bought her for was easily spent back then. Light Toss hadn't produced much to date but she was a full sister to Glenn Larsson's Throw the Lamp who had placed in both the Grade 1 Tulsa Classic Distance and the Steward's Cup Appaloosa Classic. That also made her a granddaughter of Royal Strawberry, the dam of Ali Hedgestone's Ballyhoo.

She's sired by Dragonfire - sire of four millionaires. To put it in perspective, that's all millionaires ever racing among Appaloosa dirt routers. Among the ten richest Appaloosa routers of all time, six are sired by him. If you go one step further to look at the dam sire you'll find Flips and Flops in seven of the top ten horses often in combination with Dragonfire. It has been an extremely successful and often repeated combination which in recent years has been the foundation for outcrosses with supersires Quarter Horse Deroyal Gold Dust, Mid-bred Appaloosa Joe's True Colours,
real life Appaloosas Rios Dominoe and Cant Be Caught, and the holiday sires.

Kings Stand Aside will continue racing next year. It seems possible and however much I (like many others of us) enjoy analyzing pedigrees back and forth, comparing all the little details, it's still such a short time you may enjoy mapping out a race schedule for one of your very favourites. And in all fairness, they're few and far between.

I'll keep this post for my filly as keepsake. I love this horse and if you read this far you'd already know I could probably go on talking about her all day.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Kings Stand Aside

Post by Lori Hamill »

Not only is she beautiful and talented but I love her name, too! Congratulations, Ash, on breeding and training this wonderful superstar!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Thank you, Lori! I'm so glad to have her.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I'm very late updating but I wished to thank all of you who voted for Kings Stand Aside awarding her a Y51-Appaloosa Champion Older Female Award. Her simmy award made Kings Stand Aside not only my first homebred millionaire, but also my first homebred simmy award winner and my first Horse of the Year nominee.

By the time of writing she's the second highest earning Appaloosa Router of all time, topped only by Louise Bayou's fixed star Music Row who were victorious on the racetrack about the same time I joined the SIM.

I also wish to thank Kassidy Smith (again) who made Kings Stand Aside's portrait. It's gorgeous!
Karazhan, Deshaan
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I don't know whether it was me having slept too few hours tonight but my eyes teared up when I realized Kings Stand Aside hade come thundering down the stretch to win the Appaloosa Matron. She.. basically had to win this race to become the richest Appaloosa Router of all time and back in week 8 when she was worse than 3rd for the first time in her life I thought she had lost her interest in racing. I backed her down into an allowance, which she won with her usual speed index. Gave her a four-week-break (she's very unsound) and finally worked her - to get a clue of how much she had slowed down - and then she goes the fastest workout of her life. She's back in the Steward's Cup (!), I thought.

I refused to look at the entries since I knew all the fillies I would be scared of would be there. She still needed to win - there was no coming in second - if she was to make her major goal. It's so hard to describe my feelings right now. My silly old geeky heart..
Karazhan, Deshaan