The King

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

The King

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I figured I would put in a little bit about The King before he runs like garbage in both the Derby and the LIC and I get all mad at him.

This is The King. He's actually not named after Elvis; I didn't even think of that connection until months after I named him (goldfish brain in action). He's name after a really beautiful piece of music. You can listen to it Here. Tony Anderson is exceptionally talented and worth listening to.

Part of what makes The King special is that his lines are a perfect mix of big horses in my barn. His sire Iron Spirit is the best Dirt Router I've ever had, winning both the Midsummer Classic and the Dubai World Cup. His dam, Sage, has exceptionally good lines and is also the dam of Silence Fallen, who was my first TC winner.

For me, The King is the definition of the saying "It's not the horses that are real, it's the emotions". The day The King won his maiden was awful. It was the birthday of a friend who'd passed away about 2 months before that. I was at a very low point. Checking the Sim and seeing that The King had won his maiden as fast as he did make me cry because it was such a nice thing on such an awful day. In a way it doesn't matter much what he does from now on; he'll always be a favorite of mine because he picked me up when I was really down.

I've made the joke that the Derby is pretty much just a prep race for The King's run in the LIC. With his lines that's pretty true but I'm hoping he can hit the board in the Derby since it's the only TC race where I haven't done that.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: The King

Post by Katie Stepanian »

He is brilliant. 😊
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

He's a pretty cool dude
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I'm so happy he "hit the board" in the Derby. LOL. What an awesome performance from SUCH an outside post! Congratulations, RRH, he is so awesome!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

So happy for you! You deserved this so much!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Congrats Rebecca Rose! I love seeing homebreds do so well. (Gives me hope! lol)
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Easily the best dirt router I've bred. I also love that his dam has now produced two LIC winners.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

It was so awesome to see The King win the LIC! So happy for you Rebecca Rose! I am sure The King will continue to rule the division in years to come :D
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

He's got his flowers, I'm so thrilled. I was looking at the SIMuseum the other day and realized he's tied with Kingdom Come for the 3rd fastest Derby ever. That is so awesome and makes me super happy :D

If anybody is wondering about it he will not be running in the Midsummer Classic. I don't want to run him 8 times this year and I don't like the idea of a 4 week break going into the SC Classic.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

I never thought I could love any horse more than Memento Mori. The King is tied with her, and I'm thinking he's pulling ahead. He won again last night which pushed him over 2 mil in earnings (vote for higher TC race purses). His next race is against the Big Boys in the SC. I'm pretty confident I could pull off a Marathon win with him, more confident than I am with the Classic for sure, but there's no way I can't run him in the Classic, he won the Louisville Derby.
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Aww they’re both amazing.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

So does this mean he's not for sale?
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

I mean he could be but you'd lose all your money and like 3/4ths of your stable to make it happen ;)
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 5 years ago I mean he could be but you'd lose all your money and like 3/4ths of your stable to make it happen ;)
$9M and all the trash I have? Deal.