Derby Dreams

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Derby Dreams

Post by Nick Gilmore »

There’s no question that dirt routing is the toughest segments of the Sim. Ever since Emily plotted with her dad (Admin) to put this game on the map, the Kentucky Derby was her goal. Face it, who doesn’t want a Derby winner? We all know where every racing fan in the world is on the first Saturday in May:if you’re not at Louisville, you’re glued to a television waiting for the most exciting 2 minutes in horseracing! It’s one of those moments in our lives when we all remember where we were when the race was won. And then, there’s the triple crown! I’ve seen 5 Triple Crown winners! How many have you seen?

There are a few dr true “blue hen” mares in the game and the lines are vigorously hoarded by their owners. Wonder, bred by the Steward, produced 10 millionaires. Amber, bred by Susie Rydell, produced 8 millionaires, one of which is Triple Crown winner Dragonfly. Maryland Million, bred by the Steward, produced 10 millionaires, including Louisville Derby winner Skyfall. That’s naming only a few, but certainly, the great Corona is one of them, producing 5 millionaires. Their get are pure gold.

Well, since I started playing and like so many others, I wanted a Louisville Derby winner (Sim version of the Kentucky Derby). Now, maybe, thanks to Eric Nalbone’s generosity, I have a possible contender. So, I was late to the dance to breed to Corona herself, but to her daughter Laguna Beach. Now don’t run out and expect Eric to let you breed his high quality mares just because you ask nicely. I had an extremely good mare that I swapped with him for a years lease.

My resulting foal was a nice filly who galloped stake and I was beyond thrilled. Her race record was minimal, but she managed to squeak out a stake win and passed (barely, lol) $100k in earnings. She retired a blue hen (I will dream of how nice!) and her first foal galloped productive, but that’s better than claimer. But her second foal is Kingslayer, a freak. I don’t get many yearling freaks, usually they change into freaks after a race as a 2 year old. Here I go into a territory totally new to me.

Watching these races is one thing, where is my mentor when I need one? Laura Ferguson was always my shining example of what to do, off I go to see how Laura prepped Indiana Jones. Or how Kris Bobby prepped The People’s Horse. Plus there’s Nini Hunter’s tactics with Kingdom Come being scrutinized.

These races come up in any random search for dirt routers. Yes, I’ve seen them before, even entered a few. Most were with no pressure or stress. But it is very disconcerting knowing I need to actually win them for my dreams to continue, lol. And every other horseman entering these races are thinking the exact same thing.

Crossing my fingers, I can only pray I don’t mess him up...but whatever happens, thanks for the chance Eric.
Last edited by Nick Gilmore 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Derby Dreams

Post by Lori Hamill »

He's a beauty, good luck with him, Nick! Hoping he fulfills your Derby Dreams! (Looks like you have a good shot at it with him.)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Thanks Lori.
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

What a great story, Nick, and I wish you the best of luck with him! I hope he can be a Derby winner for you. I'll be watching.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

He's gorgeous! Best of Luck with him on his Derby Quest!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Thanks for the good wishes Fern and Darcy. I appreciate it.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Kingslayer is now a stake winner, winning the Thriller Stake. One step closer!