Manic

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Manic

Post by Nena Olson »

Now that he has a headshot (Thank you, Mike Springer!!) I felt it was time that this handsome boy got his own Favorite horse page :)

Manic
Bay Thoroughbred Stallion, 15.3H
[ Coleman Hell x Titanic by Storm the Bow ]

Total Stats: 11: 7-1-1 - $2,621,500

1st - G1 Chicago Million, 1 1/4 Mile Turf, 3yo+ (6 entries) - 95 SF
1st - G1 Louisville Bunbury, 1 1/4 Mile Turf, 3yos (6 entries) - 93 SF
1st - G1 Lexington Bunbury, 1 1/8 Mile Turf, 3yos (5 entries)- 90 SF
1st - G1 Pegasus Turf, 1 3/16 Mile Turf, 4yos+ (14 entries) - 92 SF
1st - G3 Excaper Stakes, 1 1/16 Mile Turf, 3yos (6 entries) - 91 SF
1st - Throwing Punches Stakes, 1 1/16 Mile Turf, 2yos (5 entries) - 87 SF
1st - Maiden Special Weight, 1 1/16 Mile Turf, 2yos (6 entries) - 90 SF
2nd- G1 Metropolitan Turf Derby, 1 3/16 Mile Turf, 3yos (4 entries) - lost to Mal - 87 SF
3rd - G1 Steward's Cup Bunbury, 1 1/8 Mile Turf, 2yos (7 entries) - lost to Moulay El Hassan, Always You - 84 SF
5th - G1 Arc de Triomphe Stakes, 1 1/2 Mile Turf, 3yos+ (11 entries) - 80 SF
5th - G1 Steward's Cup Turf, 1 1/2 Mile Turf, 3yos+ (11 entries) - 74 SF
Last edited by Nena Olson 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Re: Manic

Post by Dan Kauffman »

That might be the biggest contrast between a horse's headshot and name that I have ever seen. He looks so composed and statesmanlike! Hardly "Manic" at all!
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Dan Kauffman wrote: 4 years ago That might be the biggest contrast between a horse's headshot and name that I have ever seen. He looks so composed and statesmanlike! Hardly "Manic" at all!
LOL its true but see, I loved TalisMANIC and manic is a Coleman Hell song so I thought it fit haha
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Can't say I'm a great fan.... :P ;) (Joking of course)

I love his headshot, that blaze is amazing!

And he's amazing....only been beat by two horses -- Mal, and Moulay El Hassan; and Moulay El Hassan is a powerhouse in his own right.

I was utter shocked when Mal beat Manic in that G1, as I thought Manic was going to be the sure winner of that race -- I was a fan of Manic even before that race. Mal is listed as a late bloomer, and that win... I don't know if Manic just had an off day, or if Mal is finally starting to get better...I hope someday he'll be as awesome as Manic already is.

Congrats on breeding such a such a great colt...and again, a lovely one! I usually put stripes on my horses...that blaze has me thinking things over...lol I always worry they will come out looking more bald faced...which is a look I never really cared for all that much. Don't hate it, but yeah...not my favorite.

Stormy : )
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago Can't say I'm a great fan.... :P ;) (Joking of course)

I love his headshot, that blaze is amazing!

And he's amazing....only been beat by two horses -- Mal, and Moulay El Hassan; and Moulay El Hassan is a powerhouse in his own right.

I was utter shocked when Mal beat Manic in that G1, as I thought Manic was going to be the sure winner of that race -- I was a fan of Manic even before that race. Mal is listed as a late bloomer, and that win... I don't know if Manic just had an off day, or if Mal is finally starting to get better...I hope someday he'll be as awesome as Manic already is.

Congrats on breeding such a such a great colt...and again, a lovely one! I usually put stripes on my horses...that blaze has me thinking things over...lol I always worry they will come out looking more bald faced...which is a look I never really cared for all that much. Don't hate it, but yeah...not my favorite.

Stormy : )
Moulay El Hassan is his nephew too lol
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago Moulay El Hassan is his nephew too lol
LOL... That's great... I did not know that. Mal and Moulay El Hassan share a dam back in their pedigrees... Forethought!

So, we have an all in the family situation here.

It's interesting too, that all of their names' start with 'M' --one of them, when they go to sire...will need a son named Meathead. lol. (I snagged the name off of a dead mare)

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Even though he was 5th in the Arc and the SC Turf, I have faith that this handsome boy has a whole lot more to give in him! He is a late bloomer so he should be even better next year! It is going to be difficult keeping him, Rhys and Read The Best away from each other since all three are freaks of the same age and distance preference. Yikes.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago
Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago Moulay El Hassan is his nephew too lol
LOL... That's great... I did not know that. Mal and Moulay El Hassan share a dam back in their pedigrees... Forethought!

So, we have an all in the family situation here.

Stormy
Actually, thoroughbreds are considered related through their dam’s side. Nena is talking about her brilliant mare Titanic. While Manic is out of Titanic, Moulay is out of Titanic’s daughter Mauritania.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Manic redeemed his Arc and BC Turf loss by capturing the Pegasus Turf over Summertime Crush by 1 1/4 lengths and a 92 SF!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Congrats Nena! Great win
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Awesome race Nena! Congrats!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Congrats, Nena! He ran a huge race!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nena, what an awesome race that was. I watched the race and at one point, he even disappeared from the screen, then charged forward. I was surprised his speed figure wasn't 100 given the talent in that race that he beat.
Congrats on the win!

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000