Roughian

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Roughian

Post by Andrew Chillin »

don't forget me
;p
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

theres always Artilleryman
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Ren Marston wrote: 2 years ago theres always Artilleryman
Artilleryman is definitely one I will be sending her to at some point.

However, in looking at the lists on the stud book page and doing hypoes...I'm probably going to breed her to Summerland.
He's 15, so this is more than likely his last year and he's sired a lot of millionaires.

Also, Norman Architecture...has a mare named Kindness of Others....who is from one of my Foremost line mares. Kindness of Others ended up being a freak and a blue hen. So it seems like Summerland could be a good cross with Roughian, since she and the dam of Kindness of Others are from the same family.

I also like With Class, even though the hypo is a B+ rather than an A- or A. He has Shahir'ra in his pedigree in the same generation as Roughian...and I love that.
She would have some influence any filly Roughian would foal. She was an Awesome mare!

Another horse with Shahir'ra is There There There

So many interesting choices!

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 years ago

However, in looking at the lists on the stud book page and doing hypoes...I'm probably going to breed her to Summerland.
He's 15, so this is more than likely his last year and he's sired a lot of millionaires.

Also, Norman Architecture...has a mare named Kindness of Others....who is from one of my Foremost line mares. Kindness of Others ended up being a freak and a blue hen. So it seems like Summerland could be a good cross with Roughian, since she and the dam of Kindness of Others are from the same family.

I also like With Class, even though the hypo is a B+ rather than an A- or A. He has Shahir'ra in his pedigree in the same generation as Roughian...and I love that.
She would have some influence any filly Roughian would foal. She was an Awesome mare!

Stormy
I love the quality of Summerland, I vote yes!

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

Stormy
Summerland is my favorite TR stud by far at this time. So definitely go there this year. Next year Improvisational :) He has Shahir'ra and pretty much a whose who of top quality mares you won't find anywhere else in the division. :) https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1170777
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Ryan Whitehead wrote: 2 years ago Summerland is my favorite TR stud by far at this time. So definitely go there this year. Next year Improvisational :) He has Shahir'ra and pretty much a whose who of top quality mares you won't find anywhere else in the division. :) https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1170777
I actually have her booked to Phenomenal One for next year, he's getting older too.
After that, then more than likely Artilleryman.
Improvisational will probably be a strong choice after that, due to Shahir'ra.

I did breed Roughian to Summerland and I chose a filly for her 3rd foal. : )

Un-Named Filly

Roughian is 9 this year.
So, next year (61) and in year 62, she's still 'safe' from dying while foaling

After that, in Year 63, she will be 12 and at danger of dying while foaling, -- So, I'll need to protect her by paying a million dollars to save her.

Year 64 -- Age 13 -- it will be $2 Million, if I have it figured correctly
Year 65 -- Age 14 -- $4 Million...at which point...I better be that rich, or I'll have to send her to someone who is and who would be willing to pay that much to save her.

Year 66 -- Age 15 -- it will jump up to $8 Million.
I doubt anyone would pay that much to save her...unless al her foals are ending up freaks by the end of their careers...lol.
At that point...if no on wants her, I can breed her one more time...and she'll probably get pensioned for the $20,000.

So, I still have time to get her to some nice stallions. After that, a few breeders might have the chance to get a foal from her and I'll still get her last foal.

------------
Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I finally decided upon a name I liked for Roughian's 2nd foal...the filly by Nightmarch.

I love Phil Collin's song about the ending of a relationship, knowing it's time to confront his cheating partner and her lover...love the ominous sound of the song and the rough/raw emotions of pain and anger as he sings it.

In The Air Tonight

----------
Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

Ryan Whitehead wrote: 2 years ago Summerland is my favorite TR stud by far at this time. So definitely go there this year. Next year Improvisational :) He has Shahir'ra and pretty much a whose who of top quality mares you won't find anywhere else in the division. :) https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1170777
I actually have her booked to Phenomenal One for next year, he's getting older too.
After that, then more than likely Artilleryman.
Improvisational will probably be a strong choice after that, due to Shahir'ra.

I did breed Roughian to Summerland and I chose a filly for her 3rd foal. : )

Un-Named Filly

Roughian is 9 this year.
So, next year (61) and in year 62, she's still 'safe' from dying while foaling

After that, in Year 63, she will be 12 and at danger of dying while foaling, -- So, I'll need to protect her by paying a million dollars to save her.

Year 64 -- Age 13 -- it will be $2 Million, if I have it figured correctly
Year 65 -- Age 14 -- $4 Million...at which point...I better be that rich, or I'll have to send her to someone who is and who would be willing to pay that much to save her.

Year 66 -- Age 15 -- it will jump up to $8 Million.
I doubt anyone would pay that much to save her...unless al her foals are ending up freaks by the end of their careers...lol.
At that point...if no on wants her, I can breed her one more time...and she'll probably get pensioned for the $20,000.

So, I still have time to get her to some nice stallions. After that, a few breeders might have the chance to get a foal from her and I'll still get her last foal.

------------
Stormy
Put me down for year 65 ill easily pay 4M
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Roughian has gifted me with another Stakes, this one by Summerland, and she's a Late Bloomer.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1491012

So far all 3 of her foals that have galloped, have been Stakes types and either Progressives or Late Bloomers.

Her oldest, and so far, only son, Billy Jack, (by Nightmarch) will start his first full season of racing this year as a 3 year old, so I am looking forward to seeing how he will do at longer distances. Billy Jack was a stakes progressive.

Her 2nd foal, In The Air Tonight, is a 2 year old filly by Nightmarch, and she won't be racing until Wk10, so it's going to feel like forever for me before I get to see her race.
In The Air Tonight is a Stakes Progressive, just like her full brother Billy Jack.

And, as soon as the year 61 began, I bred Roughian again and she now has a lovely little filly by Phenomenal One.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1547528

Roughian is 10 years old this year. :shock: ...time flies!

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Stormy and I got to talking and I got really inspired to draw one of the first horses I felt drawn to in the sim. Roughian captured my attention right off the bat, being an older mare still on the track with earnings like hers. Her last race was one of the very first I got to listen to. So, here is my take on Roughian the regal race mare in all her now broodmare glory.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Ren,

I absolutely Love the artwork !!!!!

She's gorgeous. I love how her chestnut colors just glow in some areas, and I love her knee high sock :D
I also have to believe that the blurry horse in the background is her mama, Fortitude, having a nice romp around the pensioner's pasture. :)

I also like too, that she has a natural 'American' tail and not a cropped/trimmed 'English' style tail...lol.

Thank You so much. Roughian looks so lovely...and the scenery details are wonderful too, with the tiles and the hedges and what I am going to believe is her dam in the background.

I sure wish I could have kept racing her, I love racing my horses more than breeding them.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Well, I just spent $1 million to make sure Roughian could foal again next year, and I spentn $100,000 to bred her to a stallion, who at age 14, might not be around near the end of the year.
This his his first breeding for the year too....so follow that one, other broodmares! LOL (love a little trash talk ;) )

I sent her to the wonderful sire, Brilliance:
And this is their baby girl:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1660730&

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago Well, I just spent $1 million to make sure Roughian could foal again next year, and I spentn $100,000 to bred her to a stallion, who at age 14, might not be around near the end of the year.
This his his first breeding for the year too....so follow that one, other broodmares! LOL (love a little trash talk ;) )

I sent her to the wonderful sire, Brilliance:
And this is their baby girl:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1660730&

Stormy
i love the 4x4 of Itoko

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Nicole Marie
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Ah! You know I'm always so excited to see who her baby daddy will be. And I also love your tendencies to send her to older stallions, because if the foal is a big one it's like that stud gets one last hoorah.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Nicole Marie
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago I spentn $100,000 to bred her to a stallion, who at age 14, might not be around near the end of the year.
Just saw the news with John Smith's article that the old boy is pensioning on Wednesday. I'm glad he got to see the big mare and hoping the baby is who will finally give Roughian freak producer status!
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes