♛ Schwanky

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

♛ Schwanky

Post by Rochelle Bos »

SCHWANKY (TX)

TB, GR, F, Foaled 51-11-3
(Mickey - Please Let Me Live, by Gone West)

Jockey: Elizabeth LeBlanc
Breeder/Owner/Trainer: Rochelle Zahacy

So...I’ve wanted to write one of these for a while for any of my favourite runners right now but I’ve been putting it off, afraid to jinx them lol I’m still terrified I’ll jinx her, but Schwanky won her second G1 race in a row and I cannot contain my excitement about this girl!

When I joined the game (and even now) I’ve been pretty obsessed with TBS mares and RL lines in the game, I will get any one that I can, that’s how I got Schwanky’s dam! She was part of my “payment” for naming J.R.’s small army of horses. Schwanky was my first foal from Please Let Me Live (who has given me a stakes and 3 allowance since). Schwanky was born a stakes, before there were sub comments. She was my first home bred Stakes Turf Miler, and I looooved her! Her best work put her in 10th for yearling 4 furlong turf fillies (behind the likes of Billie Eilish, and Shallow...tough crop to be born in haha).

Then she hit the track, I was told stakes TMs are amazing and can win G1s and kick all the butts. Her first out she lost by 2 3/4 lengths to Billie Eilish, Stephen actually messaged me to apologize lol She won her maiden second out by 3 3/4 lengths. More excited! Second in a G2. First in an Allowance. 3rd in a Listed. I expected more from my magical TM stakes filly. She didn’t actually win a stakes until week 11 of her 3rd year. By the end of her third year her wins were MSW, ALW, ALW, L, NW5. So much for stakes TMs being magic!

Her 4yo season is when it all changed for her! I assume she changed gallop either over break or mid year. Her first start she ran a 78 in a G3 which was bleh! Then 2nd in an allowance, NOT GOOD. Week 7 she managed to grab a TX-Bred listed stakes with an 85. Week 10, G3 win, 84sf. Week 13, G3 win, 91sf!!! Week 14, G2 win, 86sf. That’s it! She’s going to the SC! During the live calls Em mentioned I had been conflicted on which of my three fillies to send, and her first instinct was that Schwanky didn’t belong, but then she looked at her and was like yeah! She totally deserves a shot! After she said that during the calls I was super glad I kept her in, until Em called the race hahaha 11th with a 62sf, ouch!

BUT this year (Y56) she’s come back with a vengeance! She was second in the Hong Kong Classic Mile (G3) with a 91sf, first in the Gold Reef Mile Stakes (G1) 91sf, and then tonight she won the Inglewood Mile (G1) with an 88sf! I feel another Steward’s Cup attempt is in her future!

Her gallop changed sometime between these two;
Y53-W5-D1 Galloped
Y53-W5-D1 Trainer: 'Schwanky' is a very special animal.

Y56-W7-D3 Galloped
Y56-W7-D3 Trainer: Oh, my! 'Schwanky' is a freak! This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!

Career Stats: 24 Starts, 13 - 7 - 1 LTE $765,600
Multiple Grade 1 Stake Winner
Fastest Workout Time: 0:46.20
Fastest Race Time: 1:34.54
Highest Speed Figure: 91

Year 53, 5 Starts : 2 - 2 - 1 $67,800
PLACE - Robin Tan Stakes (G2)
SHOW - Juliette Gordon Stakes (L)

Year 54, 7 : 3 - 3 - 0 $102,000
WIN - The Miles Of Beaches Stakes (L)
PLACE - Don’t Fence Me In Stakes (L)
PLACE - Oceanside 1000 Guineas (G2)
PLACE - Oklahoma Filly and Mare Turf (L)
4th - Raise Your Hand Stakes (G3)

Year 55, 7 : 4 - 1 - 0 $206,300
WIN - The Fort Davis Stakes (L)
WIN - Lady Shakopee Stakes (G3)
WIN - Canadian Fall Stakes (G3)
WIN - Fight and Defend Stakes (G2)
5th - Fiji Stakes (G3)
11th - Steward’s Cup Filly and Mare Turf Mile (G1)

Year 56, 3 : 2 - 1 - 0 $389,500
WIN - Gold Reef Mile Stakes (G1)
WIN - Inglewood Mile (G1)
WIN - The Arcadia Ladies Mile (G1)
WIN - Survivor Stakes (G3)
PLACE - Hong Kong Classic Mile (G3)

Now watch her lose everything for the next forever lol
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: ♛ Schwanky

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Schwanky won her 3rd Grade 1 of the year, pulling off a 91sf in The Arcadia Ladies Mile ❤️

This gives her a 4 in a row win streak 🥰 hopefully she won’t bounce in the SC 🙃
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt