Follow the Lights

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: Follow the Lights

Post by Cleo Patra »

Me too, because that’s an all Cleo pedigree what with the Black Tide and the Two Toned and the Sottsass. It will never not make me happy to see my bloodlines running around and going well. Especially for players who get a dynasty from them like you hopefully will here. Even if I did retire and pension their dam 🤣
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

And now this girl has a Simmy. I am glad others found her accomplishments worthy of the recognition, she and I are quite humbled and grateful <3
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Congrats Shannon!
yeah
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Congrats! Now for that HOTY award too... ;)
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I don't know how you people with a stable full of elite horses do it. This one mare is about to make me go bald all on her own. I flip-flopped on her season debut for weeks, picked a G3 and she ran well but got outdone by a horse who, on paper, ought to have been completely outclassed (clearly not though, very nice filly! Break improver perhaps?) I don't know if her confidence got hit much, but mine sure did. Sat there thinking, man, she doesn't win all that often, maybe I'm just still riding the high of her absurd maiden and it's time to face reality... but the reality is that I've gunned her through six G1s in a row and she only finished off the board in two of them, both times fourth, and one of those fourth places was in a 14-horse SC field. So, probably, she's a good horse, right? If good flukes outweigh bad flukes, then the good ones are probably the actual pattern and the bad ones are the real flukes? So, as is the motto of my generation, "YOLO", nominated her to Saudi.

There are two Saudi races. Oop.

1 1/4 she's done perfectly fine at. She's done well at 1 1/2. But stretching her out to 2 miles? Absolutely no idea. I have no illusions she will be able to win either of these races, but I want to give her a good shot at a chunk of purse money, if possible. Stick to 1/4 where she'll hopefully at least survive? Gun for the bigger 2 mile purse, despite going in totally blind as to whether she'll last the distance? Maybe she's a marathoner at heart, maybe she will literally pass out in the stretch and never want to run again.

For now, I've decided to just throw her to the wolves and see what happens. I'm sure she will switch back and forth as the fields grow (along with my indecisiveness). My thought was that the Sea of Class Memorial would be a nice back-up if Saudi got way too scary, but that one is just as bad for my heart :lol:
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Well, after Saudi, she is now my first millionaire <3 Only half a length off the big boys in front, despite having to lead the whole race, which she normally doesn't do. She did a lovely job in her two mile debut, so seems like just about any distance will suit her fine... I guess we'll just keep gunning big races and see what happens. She might not win much but she's making good money, and as long as she keeps doing that, I'll keep putting her in the nice purses~
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Love her! Congrats on getting her to a million, she still has plenty of big runs in her ❤️
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Third G1 win for her and for me, and the biggest to date, $1m Desert Duty Free. I love her. Never going to shut up about her. (Sorry).
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I love her like she’s one of my own and her win was probably the highlight of my night yesterday! ❤️

You deserve to have a horse like her, I’m so happy for you!
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Huge win! Well done ❤️🐎 I really love this mare!

One small piece of advice though. I see you have her entered again in week 8. Given she’s raced every 2 weeks for over a year it might be a good time to pop in a 3 week break so she’s fresh and less likely to have a bad bounce in the big end of year races. Feel free to ignore me though cause my record training big time horses isn’t great (I can only win G2 and G3 races consistently). But in my experience they do appreciate a longer gap after a huge run.
AT STUD
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago Huge win! Well done ❤️🐎 I really love this mare!

One small piece of advice though. I see you have her entered again in week 8. Given she’s raced every 2 weeks for over a year it might be a good time to pop in a 3 week break so she’s fresh and less likely to have a bad bounce in the big end of year races. Feel free to ignore me though cause my record training big time horses isn’t great (I can only win G2 and G3 races consistently). But in my experience they do appreciate a longer gap after a huge run.
Thank you! I generally agree with you, I don't know exactly how long her break will be or what race is next but I doubt it'll be the current entry, that was mostly a spur of the moment placeholder entry until I can see who is showing up in other races the week after... she's been making nice money in bigger races but I don't want to overextend her, so definitely going to be lurking to find what will (hopefully, I really have no idea what I'm doing though) be the perfect spot for her. Still none the wiser on which distance is her optimal range, so I'll probably just look at w9, close my eyes and point at random :lol:
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Doing my best not to spam too much about this girl, but how can I not when the fantastic Mara Jade Vess does this

Love you Mara <333

Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Wow!!
AT STUD
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Very nice! I was about to agree with Cleo about giving her a bit of a break, but I see you’ve done that. Best of luck in the South American race, you’re doing brilliantly with her Shannon.

When in doubt, remember the Stewards signature line...
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."

You’ve already earned 5 stars breeding her, the rest is gravy.
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Post by Jack Ryder »

It has been an awesome journey to follow this lights.