Miss Silver Magic

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gen Ravenwood
Miler

Miss Silver Magic

Post by Gen Ravenwood »

I debated on where to put this, it’s long enough for an article, certainly about mixers, but ultimately I’m leaving it here to possibly add more to her adventures in the future. I realize this is the most anyone has heard from me, ever, but I’m full of love for my SIM horses and strong tea so here goes.

On the eve of her final start this year, the California Juvenile, I reflect upon Miss Silver Magic and my thoughts since her spectacular Most American Futurity win. For origins, Miss Silver Magic is by the beautiful and talented Silver Jet Flash and out of my mare Miss E C Jet (I’ll let you guess her sire). I picked Miss E C Jet up from a dispersal in the beginning and she went on to become my first stakes winner, love that mare, my Steward’s Cup winner On Purpose is out of her full sister. I knew Miss Silver Magic was fast from her yearling days, even knew then she was probably the fastest thing I’ve been able to breed yet. Still, my expectations were mild heading into the year, and while not terrible, she was obviously struggling a bit with her late blooming.

Cue Week 9 improvements. I ran her and Flash Away Fast (another late blooming creature) in Most American Trials, mainly because there were three of them and they were already nominated, so what the hell, ya know? This became my first shock of the year when they both won said trials busting out 95 speed figures. Never imagined I’d actually be entering both of them in the Most American, but after that how could I not? I was pretty much living off my own hype for the next two weeks, had nightmares and insured them both before the race!

Per my usual, I casually start watching my races from that evening, in between work because I’ve been working at home at nights, in order, no skipping aloud. Work is slow tonight, part of the reason I decided to finally write this up. I finally get to the Most American Futurity, I see Miss Silver Magic start her move and hold my breath, see her draw clear and I’m basically numb at this point, half a length might as well be a mile for Quarter Horses. This is of course when I go down to the results and see the speed figure and stare blankly at my computer for a minute or so. In case you haven’t seen it, she tied Jeaux for the stakes record. That’s what gets me, she’s as fast as Jeaux and Maneater, those amazing horses I’ve been looking up to for the past few years.

I ordered her headshot immediately. Interesting note, right after the results I had a million in the bank for the first time ever, for a hot minute, until I shipped everyone back to the barn lol. I might actually have enough money to breed all the mares I want to this year, that’s what the purse money meant to me, and also work on expanding into the router divisions I'm sparse in. I also feel I’m nearly at a place where I can start giving back in some way, which is something I’ve liked to do but I’ve been scraping by. I’ve mentally prepared myself for tomorrow, that just because we know she can run that fast, doesn’t mean she’ll run that fast every time, it’s okay to lose some, mixers are tough, it’s all tough out there. She’ll run for the triple next year, it’s all so exciting. I’ve got Thoroughbreds I’m thrilled about as well, I really feel like I’m living the dream right now.

P.S. My favorite thing about her headshot is her expression. Oh, and her mane!
P.S.S. If you actually read all of that, I'm sorry, and you are a champion.

Miss Silver Magic
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: Miss Silver Magic

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Congrats! She's a lovely filly.
Gen Ravenwood
Miler

Post by Gen Ravenwood »

With her win tonight, Miss Silver Magic became my first million dollar earner, magic stuff indeed!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Congrats, Gen! She is a lovely girl!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Gen Ravenwood
Miler

Post by Gen Ravenwood »

Miss Silver Magic is now my first Simmy Award winner. Thanks to all the voters! I usually don't mind breaks, but this time I'm too excited for next year's races.