Fiery Eyes

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Fiery Eyes

Post by Stormy Peak »

Congrats on that GI win with Moon On Fire!

Fiery Eyes was such a great runner, so it's wonderful that she's passing that trait on to her foals.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jack Ryder »

Congratulations. I hope every foal is a g1 winner one day.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thank you both! Me too Jack :)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Haven’t been here in a while!

Moon On Fire just won the Carlos Pellegrini last night which was a huge result for him, happy to get him a big race win :)

Vala is now a multiple Grade 1 winner and is generally super awesome!

2yo filly Burn Brighter is a freak and works like it too! Hopefully she is successful in her 2 years on track before returning to The Steward.

Mystical Fire is a zippy stakes late bloomer yearling, who will hopefully join her siblings one day and also become a freak, and most importantly a G1 winner!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Yea so she’s now the dam of 5 freaks and a stakes from 7 foals, with the latest (a full sister to Moon On Fire) being a late bloomer freak :)

Her son MOF produced 2 freaks in his yearling crop so far, and her daughter Burn Brighter gave me a stakes this season. I do quite like this line.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Carole, Congrats on your wonderful Fiery Eyes being such an awesome broodmare too!

I always loved it when the mares can beat the boys in those upper level G1 races, and Fiery Eyes did a wonderful job of it.
She was the winner in one of the best races I had with Roughian. The Yr 58 Pegasus : )

Roughian just turned 6 years old by then, and it was her first race at that age. She also dropped down to allowance peak.
I wasn't expecting a win, or really even 2nd...but was hopeful for a long shot 3rd or 4th, just to get more earnings under her belt.
I really didn't know if I overstepped things and was not doing right by her.

So, I was really cheering for Fiery Eyes against the boys. : ) !!! Roughian took the lead, as she often did, and yeah, I was hoping she could hold onto it, but also thinking, well if she doesn't, I hope Fiery Eyes gets it. Fiery Eyes was near the back of the field, but when it came time to pour it on, she didn't hesitate! She blew by Roughian, and won by almost 2 lengths, and Roughian finished an astonishing 2nd, at her old age, and against the boys. Filly Power that day! It was a 1, 2, punch win. lol.

I was so happy for you, and Fiery Eyes. I didn't mind 2nd at all, Roughian already had a Pegasus win, and again, I didn't have my hopes set on winning that day anyways, just in earning a decent purse.

So, it makes me even more happy to see she's also been a rewarding broodmare for you. I hope her newest one takes after her mama on the track and later on as a broodmare.

Congrats!

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thanks so much Stormy! And congratulations on your Roughian freak this year! Improvisational sure did nice for both of us there :)
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jack Ryder »

Amazing runner and a wonderful broodmare.