Deputy Dog

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Deputy Dog

Post by Eric Gray »

The old saying goes, "You don't look a gift horse in the mouth." Luckily for me, I followed that advice about halfway through Sim year 56. I had only been playing since the last week of year 55 so I was still a newbie. The story has been told several times so I will give the short and sweet version for those that might not have heard before.

An established player was leaving the game and offered horses to new players before putting them up for auction. Deputy Dog was one that he gifted me. She was an allowance/late blooming 2 year old and 3 weeks later, it was time for her debut. Not really knowing a lot still, I was just looking for a race, any race. I stuck her in a 100K claiming race and 1 1/16 miles later, a star was born. In what was most likely a first start improver, she ran a 98 and MOST importantly, she didn't get claimed.

From there, it has been a wild year and a half. She has since galloped freak and last night, she finished third in the Steward's Cup Distaff and went over the million dollar mark for her career. The money is nice, but it represents so much more. She's given me a million dollars worth of memories listening to her run on the live calls. She's given me a million dollars worth of breeding capital so, hopefully, I can build my barn and continue to breed and develop the future of my stable. She's given me the opportunity to connect with members of the sim community who have been very supportive and have adopted her as one of their own.

I may have other great horses in the future, hopefully many and soon, but we always love our first, don't we?
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Deputy Dog

Post by David Faulkner »

:P If I remember that, it hurts that she got lost on the way, you are another legend that remains written in the game, and good for all that you have been able to enjoy with your champion that they continue to make history in the game :P
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Well, the sad day has come. After a poor race last night, I just entered Deputy Dog in her final race, https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1761647. Her third effort in the Distaff, she has previously finished third and second. I would love to see her close out her career with a win, but against this stacked field, that's easier said than done. Either way, she has provided thrills and chills all along the way. Hopefully, I will be able to enjoy racing her subsequent foals half as much as I've enjoyed running her. Thanks for the memories, girl.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

❤️
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

My girl’s granddaughter, Blazing Dog, galloped freak just in time for her debut. Hopefully this is a harbinger of things to come.