Race With Lions

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Race With Lions

Post by Diane Townsend »

What a ride this horse is taking me on!

Bred out of a unpredictable mare and with low expectations, Race With Lions galloped Allowance LB as a 2yo and won 2 of his first 3 races. So I threw him in the Stewards Cup mostly so I can have a horse in a race call for the first time. Since he was a Allowance in the biggest race he could be entered in I just hoped he would go faster than a walk. I was absolutely shocked when he crossed the finish line in front of every other horse in the field. He was my first horse in a broadcast, my first G1 winner, & my first SC winner!

After seeing his rating was the lowest SC Juvenile Turf winner in years I mostly decided the win, despite being awesome, was a fluke and so his first race in his 3yo season was a out of the way stakes which he won, he ran 2nd in his next race so I then sent him to Australia (because I want to beat the Aussies and take their money home) where he won the Australian 2000 Guineas, ran 3rd in the Doncaster Trophy against older horses, then won the Caulfield Derby. Having no reason not to (despite looking for one) he was then sent to another Stewards Cup where he ran 4th and took his earnings over $1 million proving despite everything he is no fluke.

He is now a 4yo and currently is entered in the Pegasus, as usual I am trying not to look at the field and be too intimidated by the opposition for my little Allowance galloper that can. He will race for as long as he does well since he is far too much fun to retire so there will probably be plenty more updates to come lol.
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid) - leased out this year

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Race With Lions

Post by Lily Wilkins »

This horse is so freaking cool! I love him!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Race With Lions finished 2nd in the Pegasus and has tonight finished 3rd tonight in the Saudi Turf Mile, as I expected with a back runner in the small field counted against him when he ended up 9 lengths behind the 2nd last horse at the 2nd call! So from now on unlike every other horse I have he will race in big fields only :lol:
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

After a look at his recent rigorous racing schedule and a look at stakes races for the rest of the year, RWL will skip Dubai and head to the Hong Kong Mile the week after, slightly unsuitable track but it sets him up nicely for the rest of the year.

In the meantime he gets a couple of days of giving me heart palpitations as he runs around the paddock like a lunatic.
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

Coolest weirdo on the SIM though Crayon may be right behind him. I think the weirdos make it so much more fun because that makes me feel better for running all the things in my barn.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

It turns out Lions doesn't like Hong Kong... or 3 week breaks, or just could be the result of having a dumb trainer, since he ran the worst race of his life last night and finished last. Annoying weirdo.
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Tonight Lions got his favourite horse tag back when he got his first win since the Caulfield Derby in Week 12 last year. Admittedly it was in a race I created for him but he also did his best ever speed figure tonight. His next race will be the Allstar Mile in 2 weeks.

His 2yo brother, Brother Longshot (allowance LB), also won his first race tonight so their mother will gets extra carrots today.
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)