I Defy Gravity

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

I Defy Gravity

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I Defy Gravity
• Gallop: Stakes Peak
• Stakes Wins: Babe Ruth Stakes (Listed)
• Grade One Wins: TBD

I have never spent $11,000,000 on a horse before, so she's a "first" as well as a favorite.
At the beginning of the season, being my derpy self, I didn't read through the new Steward rules very well and ended up reaching out to The Steward inquiring about leasing Ring Leader. I have had a crush on Ring Leader ever since I saw her zoomy workout times when she was two, and her incredible race record (FIVE Grade One wins in ten starts!!), so I really wanted a filly out of her. I was drooling over the thought of sending her to Allonsy, as it would create a 3x3 cross to Amber, as well as create a decent future broodmare prospect. (Also, Avatarist is 3x3 Amber, and he's pretty cool)
Due to the new rules, I could not lease Ring Leader, but The Steward was super cool and let me make a breeding suggestion. I suggested either a filly by Allonsy, or, a colt by Napoleon. I just about died when I saw a filly by Allonsy pop up on Ring leader's progeny page, and I vowed to make her mine!
I had $11,314,xxx in my account to bid with, and the final bid I won with was $11,052,453, so I feel pretty dang lucky that I got her! I would rather get to own my SIM dream horse than have a hunk of cash sitting around ❤

Even the fanciest of horses can be disappointing, so I'm trying to keep my excitement under control at least until she gallops (ugh, I have to wait three months?!), but it's difficult not to fantasize. Allonsy ran a 95 or higher speed figure 12 times in his career, and had the fastest 5F work on the Year 43 workouts table. Ring Leader was the fastest filly on the Year 53 workout table over 5F and was the third-fastest horse overall. So, I'm hoping the dice rolled just right and I have a very speedy distaffer on my hands!
Last edited by Lily Wilkins 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: I Defy Gravity

Post by Danny Derby »

Here's hoping that investment pays off for you. Speaking with some experience of blowing a majority of my bankroll on giant purchases the words of wisdom I'll impart on you are do not sweat it if she's not the monster you'd hope for on the track. When you spend that much on a filly the true dividends are down the road in the shed. Not to say she won't be a monster on the track ether.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Exactly, I hope this ends up being a horse that influences my stable for generations.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Epic name
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I haven't updated this in a while, but my girl is doing pretty good!
She just had her first start as a three year old last night, and surprised me with a 93 Speed figure, which seems pretty nice for a "Stakes" galloper.
We're getting a little brave and trying a Grade 2 next out; i'm not quite sure what sort of horse I have here, and I think this start will either confirm that she's a typical "Stakes" Dirt Router, or set her apart.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Does anyone else read this name singing every single time?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Misty Hills
Sprinter

Post by Misty Hills »

I do too, I can't help it. :(
Whoops
Sorry
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯