My odd horse favorite. : )

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

My odd horse favorite. : )

Post by Stormy Peak »

Stormin' Norman:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=230040

He is a horse bred by someone else, Nick Gilmore, who raced him, and after his career he was given to AJ.
But, because he was by my stallion, Storm The Blockade, I had him on my alerts and I picked him up for $1,000 clear back in Year 36 - before the price jump for horses in the AJ barn.

He's 30 now and has been a lesson horse for all the time I've had him. For some odd reason, almost every other year, out of the thousand plus horses I had...he would be randomly picked for comments. I think he was picked more than any horse I've ever had since the pensioner stuff was put into place -- some of my lesson horses never were picked out for comments.

Given his age, this will probably be his last comment. He got today : )
--------------------------------
Debra, the riding instructor, would like to inform you that Stormin' Norman just might be the best lesson horse in the barn!
--------------------------------

I couldn't agree more with that comment.

I'm going to really miss seeing his name pop up so often, as, like I said, he'll probably get bumped off soon.
I have a lot of really great runners in my barn, and so it surprises me that a horse that never earned me a dime, that was bred by someone else, ended up on my radar and made me smile so often over the years.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000