Year 56 crop

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Year 56 crop

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Year 56 was a good year for my stable. Normally, I’m happy with a freak within the crop, but that year has gifted me no fewer than 5 freaks! All are stake winners and doing well. Here they are…

Two Socks leads the way in the turf route division. Suspect in his barrier trials, he was relegated to Asia. Laughing at me, he’s undefeated in 6 starts earning $450k.

Drakensberg Also a turf router, he didn’t show his freakish ways until late in his 2 year old year. That year he won the prestigious Shatterproof Grand Criterium. This year he’s added the Grade 1 German Derby to his resume.

Bishop’s Gate rounds out the turf route division. A wee bit slow getting started, he was looking for more ground to cover. Out of one of my all time favourite home bred tr mares, I have high hopes for this one.

At Time’s End is a dirt sprinter who hails from one of the most productive lines in my game. He’s from the same family as Lightning, Survivor and Diabolical X, Storm, Spiritus Invictus and Steal a Glance…and more! Thanks to Laura and the Steward for having the foresight I did not.

Cisco had our Derby hopes shattered, but we will regroup and carry on. Somewhat like my turf routers, we’ll find something longer and cross our fingers.
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Year 56 crop

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Very nice Nick, you’ve done brilliantly and this bunch are wonderful 😊
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Thanks Katie!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Exceptional crop, Nick! I bet you are having all kinds of fun with this bunch!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

That I am Darcy! Thanks!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Holy cats! Incredible!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 2 years ago Holy cats! Incredible!
I got real lucky! :mrgreen:
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

That is wild, Nick! What a crop! What a breeder!
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 2 years ago That is wild, Nick! What a crop! What a breeder!
Lol, not really Shannon. It’s a first in forty+ sim years playing the game…I’d call it persistence!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Not surprisingly, Two Socks is my favorite ;-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Year 56 crop…Yr 60 update

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Two Socks has had 2 highly successful years running in Asia. After 3 Simmys as a 2 and 3 year old, including Year 59 Asian HOY honors, he’s had a tough 4 year old season chasing the likes of Lucas Davenport’s brilliant router Avengers Assemble. Week 14 sees him now returning to Asia hoping for a repeat win in the Grade 1 Japan Trophy. Current earnings, $2,013.00.

Drakensberg is another multiple Graded winner, with Grade 1 victorys in the German Derby and more recently in the Japanese Spring Marathon. Looking to fill longer marathons with him he has current earnings of $813,000.

Bishop’s Gate has hit the board in 11 of 13 starts. His wins have included a trio of Grade 2’s in the South Pacific. Still looking to crack a Grade 1, he’s in Africa plying his trade. His current earnings are $610,750.

At Time’s End is our dirt sprint star in the midst of a sea of turf routers. MGSW, he’s won 14 in 16 starts. He has current earnings of $619,500.

Cisco is our entry in the uber tough division of dirt routers. With the recent acquisition of a farm in Chile, he has been moved to tackle the South American races. A winner in Monday’s Peru Jockey Club Stake, his future is promising. His current earnings are $521,000.

Sainte Justine is the newest member of my “Year 56 freaks club”. Until this season, she’s been a stakes late bloomer. Time will tell if she can earn the monicker. A relatively new stakes winner (and in a sponsored race at that) she has some fancy back breeding with her female line going back to $3 milllion earner Change the Stars, with a trail of MGSW in between.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

I was just taking a look at both Two Socks and Drakensburg and had to say how fantastic they are as long distance turf routers. Drakensburg with the all time race record at 2 1/4 miles and Two Socks with the second fastest Melbourne Trophy time is insane, what an awesome crop. Best of luck in the Melbourne and Arima Kinen!
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Thanks Ren. I’m not sure Two Socks can get his motor going fast enough for the distance, but we shall see.
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Post by Jack Ryder »

That is a beast crop.