Roar Said the Cat

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Roar Said the Cat

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Roar Said the Cat
was one of my most lucky purchases during my time in the SIM. Lucky because she had no pedigree apart from her sire, the precocious British sprinter The Last Lion. The mares in this auction were already named, and I ended up bidding on her because I liked her name. She turned out to be a star and nicking reasonably well to both turf and all weather sprinters. Her daughters eventually turned out to be successful on both surfaces. One of her daughters ran on both.

Her richest two daughters were both sired by See You Monday. Zygadenine, the youngest, is a multiple G1 winner on the turf and today crossed a million in earnings (8 graded 1-3 wins). Her sister See You Never was a multiple graded winner (9 graded 2-3 wins) but only almost reached the million mark. Her third richest daughter Xinich (Lovely Day) earned 860000 on the all-weather track by winning two grade ones and two grade twos. She was also third in the Pegasus Summit and placed 2nd and 3rd in Steward's Cup-races. Her fourth richest daughter Shamanin (At the Gallows End) also ran on the all weather, winning two G1s including the SC Synthetic Speed.

The true difficulty now will be to figure out how to guide this bloodline onwards. A granddaughter out of Shamanin (by Shancelot) and another out of a third sister to See You Never and Zygadenine (by Talus) are showing some early promise.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Re: Roar Said the Cat

Post by Jack Ryder »

Then who says "Meow"?
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

The true difficulty now will be to figure out how to guide this bloodline onwards. A granddaughter out of Shamanin (by Shancelot) and another out of a third sister to See You Never and Zygadenine (by Talus) are showing some early promise.
Shamanin's daughter Stanza[ (by Shancelot) retired a stakeswinner on the all-weather and had her first foal this year. Lyrium's (the sister of Zygadenine and See You Never) daughter Volatile (by Talus) is a G3-winner on the turf and was 6 for 6 during her 2yo-season.

Until the next time I do an update here, in five months or so, I'd like to mention that Shamanin's 1yo by Shancelot and Zygadenine's 1yo by Talus are both looking good this time.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Very nice Ash! Looking like they’re going to be a nice bloodline going forward 😊
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Katie Stepanian wrote: 2 years ago Very nice Ash! Looking like they’re going to be a nice bloodline going forward 😊
Thank you Katie :)
they have also been problematic. Shamanin is throwing nice horses
together with Shancelot but seemingly no one else, and I can't figure out why.

Xinich is the only one nicking high enough for both turf and AW to
make it worthwhile to keep pursuing versatility, which is fun but also tricky.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

The versatility aspect is definitely making it trickier now, it’s nice to have the potential but I have no knack of it whatsoever! 😂