Philadelphia Blue

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Philadelphia Blue

Post by Eric Gray »

Philadelphia Blue has captured a spot in my heart. I don't feel quite the same with him as I do with Deputy Dog. You can never love as much as you love your first, right? However, He DOES beat DD in several ways. First of all, he is a home bred. While DD was a gift, PB is all mine. The slide definitely helped, but he has been a jewel.
Second, I never ran DD in a Triple Crown race. I would have, but I never felt she would have had a shot. PB recently finished 4th in the Louisville Derby. I never would have dreamed I would have done that well in just my fifth sim year. Steamboat Willie seems to be an unstoppable machine, and maybe he is, but he will have to prove it two more times against Philly, as well as the field. I truly feel Philly's best racing is ahead of him. I like him at a mile and 3/16 and like him even more at a mile and a half. I truly wish Danny the best and he has a fantastic colt, but Philly isn't going to go down easy. I appreciate all of the support Philly has gotten because he is an "underdog" without a typical top bred pedigree. The thing is, I don't think Philly considers himself an underdog. I think he is looking forward to the day when he is coming down the stretch, looks Willie in the eye, winks, and pulls away. I mean, a guy can dream, right?
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Philadelphia Blue

Post by Andrew Chillin »

A man in an oversized, long, black coat has approached you. His large fedora and dark sunglass hide his true identity. Only a glimpse of a particular colored pocket square might give away some clue as to who this man works for. As he nears, the man withdraws several stacks of banded, fresh, simulation large cash bills. The value can quickly be calculated in your head to a sum near the million dollar mark. A small note attached; Stay out of Baltimore. - Mr. DD
;p
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Lol Andrew
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago A man in an oversized, long, black coat has approached you. His large fedora and dark sunglass hide his true identity. Only a glimpse of a particular colored pocket square might give away some clue as to who this man works for. As he nears, the man withdraws several stacks of banded, fresh, simulation large cash bills. The value can quickly be calculated in your head to a sum near the million dollar mark. A small note attached; Stay out of Baltimore. - Mr. DD
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago
Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago A man in an oversized, long, black coat has approached you. His large fedora and dark sunglass hide his true identity. Only a glimpse of a particular colored pocket square might give away some clue as to who this man works for. As he nears, the man withdraws several stacks of banded, fresh, simulation large cash bills. The value can quickly be calculated in your head to a sum near the million dollar mark. A small note attached; Stay out of Baltimore. - Mr. DD
:lol: :shock:
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Well, Philly never got his win over Willie (unless Willie runs in the marathon), but he's had a hell of a career. Far and away the most successful colt I have ever had. I'm going to miss him. Hopefully though, https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1510975 is the next big thing for me.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Eric Gray wrote: 1 year ago Well, Philly never got his win over Willie (unless Willie runs in the marathon), but he's had a hell of a career. Far and away the most successful colt I have ever had. I'm going to miss him. Hopefully though, https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1510975 is the next big thing for me.
Why on earth would you retire him this year?
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Danny Derby wrote: 1 year ago
Eric Gray wrote: 1 year ago Well, Philly never got his win over Willie (unless Willie runs in the marathon), but he's had a hell of a career. Far and away the most successful colt I have ever had. I'm going to miss him. Hopefully though, https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1510975 is the next big thing for me.
Elaborating on this, he's in his best form ever winning tons of big races, and he's still only 4. His pedigree leaves a ton to be desired, so unless you've got an amazing slide on hypos, he's not going to be the most attractive freshman stud option out there. Run him at 5, keep winning big races, and heck, maybe take another shot at Willie down the line if you get tired of winning :D.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Elaborating on this, he's in his best form ever winning tons of big races, and he's still only 4. His pedigree leaves a ton to be desired, so unless you've got an amazing slide on hypos, he's not going to be the most attractive freshman stud option out there. Run him at 5, keep winning big races, and heck, maybe take another shot at Willie down the line if you get tired of winning :D.
Trust me, I've thought about that. You're right about the pedigree, but another year racing isn't going to make the pedigree any better. And as far as being the most attractive freshman stud, you're right again with Unmerciful and others. But that is always going to be a problem. He could win EVERY race next year and Willie or Kryptonite or someone else will still eclipse him as the most desired stud. I haven't 100% set my decision, but I'm strongly leaning toward retirement. I'd rather retire him too early than too late. If I run him another year, and he slides off badly, it hurts any momentum he has earned. I don't like the idea of retiring him midseason, so I'd suffer through a poor season. I'd love to run him for another year, but I have two up and coming 2 year olds, that I will enjoy running. I definitely appreciate your input though.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

I did take Danny’s advice and ran him one more year, but his time has officially come to a close. He is currently standing for $35,000.