Steamboat Willie

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Steamboat Willie

Post by Danny Derby »

Figured it's high time he deserved his own thread here. This guy nearly didn't even exist - when I bred him his dam Let It Go was 16 years old, and I was focused on getting as many fillies from her as possible at that point. Once I saw how nice his sister Into The Unknown was however, I couldn't help but think how cool it would be to have a full brother to her. I'd planned on rolling the dice and not insuring Let It Go at that year since it would be so expensive, once I settled on a colt I bit the bullet and paid a massive $16M (note: $16M is a giant chunk of change for me, regardless of how much you think I have). The resulting foal was named Sorcerers Apprentice, which I then changed to Steamboat Willie because the lack of an apostrophe in the word Sorcerers just really bothered me. When he was born, I put the following note on him:

$16M to insure Let It Go to breed this colt. Praying he's hot stuff.

Turns out he was. Hope to see much more from him as time goes on.

Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Steamboat Willie

Post by Carole Hanson »

Although Into the Unknown was a beastly filly, I’m sure you were somewhat disappointed with how her career turned out in the end. This guy is a massive consolation for that, what a super horse!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago Although Into the Unknown was a beastly filly, I’m sure you were somewhat disappointed with how her career turned out in the end.
100%. Into The Unknown's overall career was nice, but her performance in the Derby was the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced in the game.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

He is an absolute beast Danny. Congratulations on his success so far. I’d like to think Philadelphia Blue will be able to channel his inner Kryptonite and edge Willie out at least once before one or both of them retire. His dominance at Long Island tempers that hope a little though.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Deserves a link ;)

Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Post by Jack Ryder »

Nice horse.
I something imagine what would happen if Steamboat Willie and Kryptonite go 1 vs 1. I wouldn't mind if it's a steel cage or ladders match.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

10million dollar purse. Winner takes all.
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Riding the Steamboat!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Post by Jack Ryder »

Full power mode on.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Capped off what should a Horse of the Year season with the fastest Steward's Cup Classic win ever. Proud of this boy.
Last edited by Danny Derby 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Incredible!
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Post by Jack Ryder »

HoTY!! Fut..
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

tbh one of my biggest prevailing thoughts throughout all of Y62 is "what in world is this horse's stud fee going to be?" :lol: and now I'm like

Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes