Alexstrasza

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Calia Mendez
Miler

Alexstrasza

Post by Calia Mendez »

I'm very excited to finally have a horse to share here: my first G1 winner, and from my first crop of foals. :D

Alexstrasza is a three year old Arabian sprinter filly. I've had high hopes for her pretty much since I saw her dam up for auction. I was a big fan of the female line, and the 23k I ended up spending was more than I meant to spend on my tiny newbie budget, but I really wanted that mare. Come time to gallop, the foal came out as a Stakes Late Bloomer, and from that point on I was very confident she was the best of my yearlings.

So, needless to say, I was disappointed when she finished dead last in her debut. I dropped her down to maiden company, and by the time she broke her maiden on her fourth try, any expectations I had for her had more or less evaporated.

But then when I galloped her mid-year, she jumped up to freak. I was skeptical this would change much, but she had already disappointed me and I didn't really have anything to lose, so I put her in a Grade 1 next, one of only two in her division. She placed third in a tight race, and I wasn't sure whether it was a fluke or if she could really compete with the best now.

She picked up her first stakes win next, and then I forgot to enter any of my horses the week after, so she accidentally got a 4-week break. Maybe it was a good thing, though, because I was so happy to log in last night and see that she had won the Arabian Matron, her division's year-end G1.

In three races, she went from struggling to break her maiden to winning the biggest race of the year. I don't think I'll be so quick to write a horse off in the future, but for now I'm just happy about my first G1 win. Fingers crossed for next year!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Alexstrasza

Post by Darcy McBride »

Congrats, Calia! May you have many, many more!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Aaron Tonning
Miler

Post by Aaron Tonning »

Congratulations Calia. So exciting to win the first G1. I Hope she has more to come.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Congratulations! She has a nice name too
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)