Taken by a lady.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Taken by a lady.

Post by Andrew Chillin »

The nothing to chase different career grade 1 winner.

The year I decided not to gallop TBs was a long one. Festivus was brutal and boring. The ultimate torture test for myself. Going into week 14/15 I had no expectations or even hopes and dreams with having a star until I did timed works at individual specific distances and surface. A horse I had somewhat uneasy thoughts about, doing mass works at 3f on turf. You would imagine only the sprinters would run 36 seconds in works. One colt stood out as a router, and he wasn’t slow. By the time I got around to equipment and 5f he was running sub 58.

When he hit 2 I couldn’t resist any longer. I galloped of my horses. To my surprise, he was chase different career with progressive improver comment. “Ok, I can work with this.” I told my assistant trainers. Week 9 saw the improvement come to pass. Same comment. Chase different career. What a thrill. Versatile was the highlight of my experience to this point. Atleast I knew he could run something.

I looked back at other greats, including the famous Fiery Eyes. This was first fast home bred turf route and I was going to copy someone’s race schedule, so I picked hers. With the versatility, I had decided and was dead set on the 2yo triple. Maiden win. Easy. Then, just like the great filly, lost his follow up stakes. No big deal, still going. He finished trended down wards but he was solidly hitting the board in every race, from sprint to mid to route. I was content with another chapter in my career with a mediocre horse.

Start of year 61. Two easy placements in the states and two shows. Time to move him out of the competition, into something his speed. And we shipped him out to Africa with intent to go to Asia or Australia afterwards. The stars align and in his next few starts. “Boom! Boom!” Show me the money, Jerry McGuire. His season ended slower than that two highlights but offered plenty of promise and hope for the future. The peak, chase different career with heart and the balls. Watch out world, we’re setting it on fire.
;p
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Taken by a lady.

Post by Jack Ryder »

Nice, when is his chase debut?