Courageous Ben

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Courageous Ben

Post by LA Pepper »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1423147
This guy is my favorite horse but I am in such a twist as to what to do with him. I know deep down that he needs to be gelded. He is telling me he will never make the grade to earn stallion status, which I REALLY wanted him to be. For one, he is my barn superstar's full sibling (Windswept Wonder). But even more importantly, he got 'THE NAME'. I used to own the RL Courageous Ben, who I raised from a weanling, and had trained and raced as a 3 and four year old. He started out as a timid not too good looking youngster who developed sticky stifle problems, into the most courageous racehorse I ever had. He KNEW he was supposed to win, altho his talent didn't meet our zeal. I retired him at four with only two wins but many good tries, so that he could remain sound and have a good long life.
So I had great hope for the SIM Ben and as a stakes galloper with decent workouts I thought he might excel. He did come in 2nd in the Stew Cup as a 2 year old to a very good horse. He is the only horse I gave a headshot to before racing - he got one before his very successful sister! And the artist (Nena) managed, without my asking, to depict him SOO close to real life that it brought tears to my eyes.
So I'm finding it very difficult to tap that geld button so that hopefully I can get some more wins from him in the allow. division, even tho my RL Ben was gelded early in life.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Courageous Ben

Post by Nicole Marie »

Have you ever noticed any substantial improvement upon gelding? I would just leave him intact if he was mine, because I haven't ever felt a horse of mine has improved once he's had The Procedure.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

No, I have NEVER seen any improvement ever in my own horses. Yet I hear about some significant changes once in awhile. And the button does state that " ALL horses will benefit with at least a little improvement", And, I NEVER hear that it ruined a horse so since I'm looking to win races, why not. Its just a personal disappointment that he didnt amount to stud material so I can see his name in pedigrees of future generations (that are successful, I dont want to breed him solely for that purpose and raise junk.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

To be fair, the top nicking stud in the Dirt Route division currently never won a Grade 1, and earned just over $450k.
Since gelding doesn't really seem to make a major difference, I say keep him intact and just plan on running him through 5, or even 6 years old. Hard-knock him up past that $350,000 line and then retire. His full sister is really nice, there's obviously some class in the cross. He looks like the type of colt who could end up being a fun surprise upon retirement.
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

YOU just made my day with your encouragement. And that is exactly what I will try to do. thank You!
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Good info!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Best Xmas present ever. Courageous Ben earned his wings with a Grade 1 win on Friday to get him over the magically gold earningss mark so he can reach his potential as a stallion. His full sister, Windswept Wonder, also won the only other Grade 1 AW sprint race that same night. I had a great night. I hear there was also some other important race called the Derby that night ?? I wasn't paying attention ;)
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Big congrats on the Grade 1 victory!
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Congrats on the G1!
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Congrats on the big win! I have a couple ladies for him next year.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Congrats on Ben's super win last night!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and for encouraging me not to geld this horse. He was special to me from the start since I named him after a favorite real life horse. And he gave me an unexpected best night ever since playing the Sim last night. I truly did not imagine that he would win. So he's off to his hard fought-for stud career, and I can only hope he gives everyone brave, sound stakes runners like himself.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I got very excited for you when I was cruising through results this morning and saw that win. Many congratulations!
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Big congratulations! This story has been fun to follow. :)
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »