Codebreaker

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Codebreaker

Post by Laurel Addams »

Codebreaker has quickly become one of my favorites here. He was the first homebred freak I had who wasn't an improver - I'd been waiting for what felt like forever to see that "Freaky!" line over Festivus and this was probably the last horse I expected to see it on. He's out of a nicely bred mare who was an unpredictable I pulled out of AJ and then let sit in my barn without breeding her for two or three years. He's sired by Encrypted Hello, who you probably haven't seen much of. I don't remember breeding Codebreaker exactly, but I'm pretty sure that I just needed a colt to even out my numbers and the Encrypted Hello - Taken By The Wind cross was 2 for 2 on stakes at the time, so for $10,000, why not?

Since that Festivus, I've been trying to keep my expectations low, but it's gotten harder and harder to not get too excited about this guy. He was one of the top workers as a yearling, stayed freak over the gallop changes, and while it took him a minute to break his maiden and get going, he's since won two stakes. I'm still trying not to get too excited over here, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what this guy will go on to do.
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 40k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 20k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 7.5k
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Codebreaker

Post by Nicole Marie »

The first time I ever saw the 'freaky' comment, it was also with a horse I'd pulled from AJ (gallop change changed him to stakes though). The mare has given me two allowance gallopers since. You really can find diamonds in the rough out there! I'll be adding Codebreaker to my alerts!
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Love it when the horses you least expect end up being good ones, congrats!
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

It's also interesting/fun with the Grant - East sireline, and the 4x4 Such Great Heights
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)