Notacatbutalawyer

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Notacatbutalawyer

Post by Nicole Marie »

Notacatbutalawyer (Best Revenge - After New York, by Ketchikan)

I debated making a post about this guy a while ago, but I still thought this forum was really for the top, game changing horses for players. I know that isn't it and I've known that for a while, but I still never got around to it, but I really love this guy.

I got his dam out of AJ, ran her once (she was last) and retired to find her formidable. At this time in my game history, I thought formidable was really good, so I bred her to Best Revenge who I had seen a lot of hype about. I got a colt that galloped claimer. I bred her back (still don't know why other than it was end of week 5 and maybe just wanted to balance out the colt/filly ratio without doing much research) and got this guy. Come festivus, he galloped freak. I wasn't super excited because I knew all about 'sad freaks' and was determined to stay realistic, but even though I know some have shared that their sad freaks can't win a NW3, I decided my goal with this one would be to win a stakes race. If I could do that, I'd feel accomplished. I also got him a headshot as I had previously told myself that the first freak I bred would get one to sort of mark the occasion.

Gallop adjustment changed him to stakes, and that concerned me since I was told when I was newer that horses only stay at their peak for about one season, and he first galloped freak peak at his yearling festivus. Now I thought he'd be allowance by the time he could run. I hoped his workout times staying consistent was a good thing.

Not sure what will happen W9 when he might finally drop a gallop level, but so far he's still stakes peak, and has a current record of four wins, a second, and a third in seven starts, including the Distorted Reality Stakes, the Lexington Race Course Stakes (G3) and the Midnight in the Sahara Stakes. I have seen too many horses get put in over their heads (in real life, too :? ) and I'm determined not to do this to him, and so far it seems I'm managing him alright. My standards are understandably lower than a lot of better players, but I am completely stoked that he's become such a reliable little runner for me in the spots I've put him, especially since he'll always be the first horse that's given me the 'freaky!' comment, even if I'm still waiting on my first post-adjustment freak.

His name is a reference both to the racehorse Notacatbutallama and this viral video from 2021.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Notacatbutalawyer

Post by Abby Brooks »

Idk if you know this but..Notacatbutallamas current owner used to play the sim :)
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Rocki Ryoliza wrote: 1 year ago Idk if you know this but..Notacatbutallamas current owner used to play the sim :)
I didn't, but that's my new favorite fact! :o
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

After he bombed in the Michigan Derby, I created a stakes for him in Florida last night, and after seeing the entries figured he'd be third, so I was pleased that he managed to win. Could very well be his final stakes win as he's been peak since his first ever gallop, but he's going to run next year since it's not like he's stallion material (though I might wind up making him an in-house stud if only to breed colts to balance out my filly/colt ratio, we'll see).

Even if he downgrades to allowance next year, I'm very hopeful he can reach my goal for him earnings wise (200K, to keep his name).