Unlimited, flexible custom barns to organize your horses

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: Unlimited, flexible custom barns to organize your horses

Post by Danny Derby »

Admin wrote:
Danny Derby wrote:
Admin wrote: You have 771 horses in your Smart Racing Barn (so that's all of them).
You have 271 in your Main Racing Barn
You have 500 in your Alt Racing Barn
271+500 = 771
All your racing barn horses are accounted for and are either in Main or Alt.
I'm not saying that all my horses aren't accounted for. I'm saying that there's 160 or so horses that were in my alt barn before that are now grouped into my main barn since the move capped them at 500. Is there a way the system can get them back into my alt racing barn without me having to manually figure out which ones I had in there previously?
I tried rebuilding all of your barns. I hope they are okay now. If not, I am at a loss.
Worked like magic, thank you!
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

Early Christmas present from the SIM = WOW!!!

Thanks for the new barns.
I always wanted something like this since the Alt barns came in to existence.
Too much fun!!
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

How do you move yearlings into a different barn?

No option under his stats

Want to move to 'Stakes+ Yearlings' barn

No option to move him?
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Admin wrote:
Laura Ferguson wrote:Sent a message through contact us - I think there's a glitch if you are a bigger stable. The only way I can see all of my racehorses is through the asterisked racing barn. As of right now, can't see all of them in either the main or the alt racing barn.
I forgot the possibility of people having over 500 horses in their alt barns. So the conversion missed moving the rest of the horses (over 500) to the new custom barns. This affected about 20 people. I ran the conversion again and this it picked up the missing horses. From here, you will need to manually manage those barns if there are still adjustments you want to make.
It didn't quite work as far as my stable is concerned, but at least I'm farther along. It didn't move my horses to the right barn - it left all of extra horses that should have been in the alternate racing barn in the main racing barn, but since I can at least see them now I can move them back to the alt racing barn where they belong, and since I can sort by gallop, it shouldn't take too long.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Nena Olson wrote:How do you move yearlings into a different barn?

No option under his stats

Want to move to 'Stakes+ Yearlings' barn

No option to move him?
Here are some things to keep in mind:

A yearling has to be in a "training" barn.
SmartBarns have horses in them that meet the filters you made when you create the SmartBarn. You cannot move a horse to a SmartBarn.
You can only explicitly move horses to Custom (Manual) barns.

You have 5 training SmartBarns but no Manual training barns. That is why you don't see any options to move a yearling to any barn. The yearlings will be in SmartBarns according to the criteria you set. If you want a manually managed training barn, then you need to create one.

I hope that helps.
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

interesting idea, however i was kind of hoping that when we moved the horses we would still not see them in the racing barn, I just feel that when I move them to the custom barns that is the only barn i would and should find them in
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Kris Krueger
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kris Krueger »

Steph Lonhro wrote:interesting idea, however i was kind of hoping that when we moved the horses we would still not see them in the racing barn, I just feel that when I move them to the custom barns that is the only barn i would and should find them in
Exactly...I would really appreciate that too. It's a bit distracting to see them in 2 barns.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Under the "Smart Barn" creation for a breeding barn, we do not have the choice for Flat Rating.
It would be nice to make a smart barn to automatically sort your unpredictable mares from your others without having to move them.

Is this something that will be available in the future?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Kris Krueger wrote:
Steph Lonhro wrote:interesting idea, however i was kind of hoping that when we moved the horses we would still not see them in the racing barn, I just feel that when I move them to the custom barns that is the only barn i would and should find them in
Exactly...I would really appreciate that too. It's a bit distracting to see them in 2 barns.
I third this. I know the idea is we would get multiple custom barns to separate horses from one another but I'm cheap and real money poor (though my game points pretty much all come from the exchange now so I guess it isn't really real money) so liked it when only one extra barn was needed (and I could use sim money instead of game points though again exchange)
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

The 'my auction' page now has a View Barn filter. You can now filter based on all of your barns when you are building an auction.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'm going to echo the comments of those who would like the racing barn link to take you to the main racing barn, and not the asterisk racing barn. I don't care whether that happens as a default or an option, but as currently set, the new default is adding an extra step that didn't used to exist. For example, if I train some of my horses in the main racing barn - when I click at the bottom of the page to return to the racing barn to train another group for a different exercise, I return to the asterisk racing barn instead, which adds another step each and every time to flip back over to the barn I really want.

I'm trying to keep an open mind and chalk this all up to learning pains, but so far, I'm being less, not more, efficient with the new system.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

There are some kinks to work out, and like other large stables I had to rebuild where my horses were, but I think ultimately the new system is much more flexible ... I just have to figure out how to make it work for me and my situation.

One question re: a potential pitfall I can identify that will affect us in a year. How will year changeovers work for horses that move from Training to Racing barns? For example, I would like all horses in my Alternate Training barn (i.e. yearlings I have no intention of racing, and will either be sold or simply ignored) to move to my Alternate Racing barn (i.e. racehorses I have no intention of racing, and will either be sold or simply ignored).

If they get all mixed up in a single racing barn at the end of the year, the purpose of organizing them in the first place (and the sorting methodology) will disappear. Between now and Week 16/17, would it be possible for us to indicate the "links" between a Training-->Racing barn, or between a Racing-->Breeding barn [racing-->breeding isn't important for my setup at the moment, but the mechanics would seem to be the same and some players may have similar use cases that make use of it]).
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Laura Ferguson wrote:I'm going to echo the comments of those who would like the racing barn link to take you to the main racing barn, and not the asterisk racing barn. I don't care whether that happens as a default or an option, but as currently set, the new default is adding an extra step that didn't used to exist. For example, if I train some of my horses in the main racing barn - when I click at the bottom of the page to return to the racing barn to train another group for a different exercise, I return to the asterisk racing barn instead, which adds another step each and every time to flip back over to the barn I really want.

I'm trying to keep an open mind and chalk this all up to learning pains, but so far, I'm being less, not more, efficient with the new system.
The bottom of the training page as well as vet, whisperer and others, now includes links to all your Racing and Training barns. You can go directly wherever you want.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Thanks so much! It is greatly appreciated.
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

Can we have the option to filter the smart barns on the fly?

And to echo what some others have said, can there be an option to exclude horses from a smart barn? I like that I can automatically organize most of my horses and find all of my stakes horses with one click, because then I can prioritize them for entering races. Previously, I had to marathon shift click and scroll to get all my stakes gallopers together.

But, those couple stakes horse that need their equipment figured out are still listed among my stakes smart racing barn along with the horses who are ready to enter. I can manually put those horses into a custom barn for ease of finding them when I'm doing training, but they still show up in the smart barn and could be mistakenly entered in races when I'm in that barn for entries.

Which is the same problem I had with the single alt barn- finding the horses that need individual attention among those that can race or be mass trained.

I suppose the other option is to create a manual barn for stakes racers vs. stakes not-ready-to-race-ers, and again that would be much better than the current single alt barn. But as far as I can see, then I would have no use for the smart barns so it seems like the new feature wouldn't be put to any use.
Last edited by Alleyne Torres 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.