Unlimited, flexible custom barns to organize your horses

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Unlimited, flexible custom barns to organize your horses

Post by The Admin »

What Is Included with Custom Barns?

You can create an unlimited number of barns to organize your horses. You get to name each barn and choose which data you want displayed in that barn's listing.

Features
  • Unlimited barns
  • Choose the name for each barn
  • Choose which data columns you want displayed for each barn
  • You specify the type of barn you want to create (Racing, Breeding or Training)
  • Create SmartBarns where you set filters, and horses that match your criteria will automatically be in this barn
  • Easily move horses between barns as a group or from the horse page
  • Custom Barns are in addition to the 3 main SmartBarns - Racing, Breeding and Training. The built-in SmartBarns will always contain all your horses. The Custom barns let you create additional groupings of your horses.
  • A horse can be in any number of SmartBarns as well as one Managed Barn.
Where did my Alt Barns go?
All active Alt Barns have been converted to the new Custom Barns. If you have active Alt Barns, you received access to all the new Custom Barn features which will expire on the expiration date of your longest rented Alt Barn.

For each active Alt Barn, we've created two new Managed Barns.
  1. Alt Racing Barn - Contains all the horses you had in your Alt Racing Barn
  2. Main Racing Barn - Contains all your race horses that were not in your Alt Racing Barn
  3. Remember, the Racing Barn will always contain all your Race Horses
How much does it cost?
Unlimited Custom Barns cost 15,000 Game Points for 20 Weeks.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Unlimited, flexible custom barns to organize your horses

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Under the smart barn creation when choosing the criteria it only let's us choose one of each.

If I want to have a barn with all mixer breeds of freak/stakes gallop only my only option is a manual barn?

Is this correct or will smart barns allow for mutilate criteria to be chosen simultaneously?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Pete Vella wrote:Under the smart barn creation when choosing the criteria it only let's us choose one of each.

If I want to have a barn with all mixer breeds of freak/stakes gallop only my only option is a manual barn?

Is this correct or will smart barns allow for mutilate criteria to be chosen simultaneously?
You can do a manual barn and a mass select --> move from the default barn.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Do the old atlernate barns now cost game points?
Last edited by Nick Gilmore 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!

I have a few small suggestions though,
- For the smart barn options, can we add retired/not retired as an option to make it possible to create a smart stud barn?
- Can you set the tables in the barns to be the minimum width of page wrapper? I believe it is 900 pixels. That way if we chose less items to show on a page, it looks less cramped.
- Can we have a separate page that has a list of all of our horses and the barn(s) they are assigned to? Just to make it easier to see if we have missed assigning one, and make sure they are all in the right spot etc.

Apart from those, I seriously do love this. I especially like that we can see which barn they are assigned to on the horse pages. That not being there always irritated me a little before! And I really, really REALLY like being able to select the headings that are relevant to me :D
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Sent a message through contact us - I think there's a glitch if you are a bigger stable. The only way I can see all of my racehorses is through the asterisked racing barn. As of right now, can't see all of them in either the main or the alt racing barn.
Johanna Stk
Eclipse Champion

Post by Johanna Stk »

It would be nice if the link on the front page went to the main racing barn and not now when it is the asterix racing barn. Very annoying to see all the horses you don't want to see.
Skam den som ger sig!
Mike Springer
Classic Contender

Post by Mike Springer »

Johanna Stk wrote:It would be nice if the link on the front page went to the main racing barn and not now when it is the asterix racing barn. Very annoying to see all the horses you don't want to see.
Yes please
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I LOVE this!! I also love that we can now separate horses by gallop comment!!

I'm still figuring things out (like everyone), I'm not quite sure how to add more barns or change names on barns so still fiddling.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Laura Ferguson wrote:Sent a message through contact us - I think there's a glitch if you are a bigger stable. The only way I can see all of my racehorses is through the asterisked racing barn. As of right now, can't see all of them in either the main or the alt racing barn.
I forgot the possibility of people having over 500 horses in their alt barns. So the conversion missed moving the rest of the horses (over 500) to the new custom barns. This affected about 20 people. I ran the conversion again and this it picked up the missing horses. From here, you will need to manually manage those barns if there are still adjustments you want to make.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Johanna Stk wrote:It would be nice if the link on the front page went to the main racing barn and not now when it is the asterix racing barn. Very annoying to see all the horses you don't want to see.
Agreed. I really don't want to see my cruddy horses whenever I click the racing barn link lol.

Is there a way we can set what our 'main' barn is? Like if we have a barn of our stakes runners, can that be our default if we want it to be?
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Admin wrote:
Laura Ferguson wrote:Sent a message through contact us - I think there's a glitch if you are a bigger stable. The only way I can see all of my racehorses is through the asterisked racing barn. As of right now, can't see all of them in either the main or the alt racing barn.
I forgot the possibility of people having over 500 horses in their alt barns. So the conversion missed moving the rest of the horses (over 500) to the new custom barns. This affected about 20 people. I ran the conversion again and this it picked up the missing horses. From here, you will need to manually manage those barns if there are still adjustments you want to make.

I've still only got 500 horses in my Alt Racing Barn, missing about another 150+. Should the conversion have picked these up/possible to run again?
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Danny Derby wrote:
Admin wrote:

I've still only got 500 horses in my Alt Racing Barn, missing about another 150+. Should the conversion have picked these up/possible to run again?
You have 771 horses in your Smart Racing Barn (so that's all of them).
You have 271 in your Main Racing Barn
You have 500 in your Alt Racing Barn
271+500 = 771
All your racing barn horses are accounted for and are either in Main or Alt.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Admin wrote:
Danny Derby wrote:
Admin wrote: I forgot the possibility of people having over 500 horses in their alt barns. So the conversion missed moving the rest of the horses (over 500) to the new custom barns. This affected about 20 people. I ran the conversion again and this it picked up the missing horses. From here, you will need to manually manage those barns if there are still adjustments you want to make.

271+500 = 771
I'm not saying that all my horses aren't accounted for. I'm saying that there's 160 or so horses that were in my alt barn before that are now grouped into my main barn since the move capped them at 500. Is there a way the system can get them back into my alt racing barn without me having to manually figure out which ones I had in there previously?
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Danny Derby wrote:
Admin wrote:
Danny Derby wrote:

271+500 = 771
I'm not saying that all my horses aren't accounted for. I'm saying that there's 160 or so horses that were in my alt barn before that are now grouped into my main barn since the move capped them at 500. Is there a way the system can get them back into my alt racing barn without me having to manually figure out which ones I had in there previously?
I tried rebuilding all of your barns. I hope they are okay now. If not, I am at a loss.