Unlimited, flexible custom barns to organize your horses

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Unlimited, flexible custom barns to organize your horses

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Regina Moore wrote:That explains why the smart barns weren't making sense to me -- I'm too hands-on! :)
It's not that you are too hands on, it's just that Smart Barns can only filter ONE of each option for you. At least thus far that's the case. So you can't have Stakes AND Freak gallopers, for example, just one or the other. If Smart Barns ever allow for that type of sorting, then you'll have a whole wealth of new options. For now, you have to custom-build those types of barns via the Custom Barns.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Glenn Escobar wrote:Would it be possible at some point to see, in the "Default" view from the regular racing barn, which barn or barns a given horse is assigned to? For me, this would ensure that I don't "forget" a horse when organizing them into my custom barns.

So for example...........I create a barn called "Mixer Claimers" and put all my mixers that I want in claiming races in there. I then buy an Appaloosa that I'd like in that barn, but since she doesn't automatically go in there, she's not in any barn right now. IF from the main racing barn I could see what horses are assigned to what barns, I would then see that she currently has no home base in a custom barn, and then I could place her appropriately without losing her in the proverbial shuffle.
Second this. Just a column that says "Custom Barn(s)" or something in that manner.
Gateway Farms
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Also is it possible to have the "Booked Stud" and "Bred" columns optional in breeding barns? I have a stud barn that they have always looked funny in (they are just empty columns).
Gateway Farms
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Kyasuriin Matsumoto wrote:
Glenn Escobar wrote:Would it be possible at some point to see, in the "Default" view from the regular racing barn, which barn or barns a given horse is assigned to? For me, this would ensure that I don't "forget" a horse when organizing them into my custom barns.

So for example...........I create a barn called "Mixer Claimers" and put all my mixers that I want in claiming races in there. I then buy an Appaloosa that I'd like in that barn, but since she doesn't automatically go in there, she's not in any barn right now. IF from the main racing barn I could see what horses are assigned to what barns, I would then see that she currently has no home base in a custom barn, and then I could place her appropriately without losing her in the proverbial shuffle.
Second this. Just a column that says "Custom Barn(s)" or something in that manner.
Agreed.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Cesar Raez
Miler

Post by Cesar Raez »

Laura Smith wrote:

Agreed.
Before: Total Horses = Main Barn + Alternative Barn
Now: Total Horses = Custom 1 + ... + Custom n + Forgotten Horses
We need something to identify that forgotten horses, an extra column or a default custom barn will help.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Cesar Raez wrote:
Laura Smith wrote:
Agreed.
We need something to identify that forgotten horses, an extra column or a default custom barn will help.
Easiest way to figure out if you have forgotton horses.
DELETE all your custom racing barns and start fresh.
If your total number of horses in your newly created custom barns matches your "racing barn" total then you have no missing horses.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Pete Vella wrote:
Cesar Raez wrote:
Laura Smith wrote: Agreed.
Easiest way to figure out if you have forgotton horses.
DELETE all your custom racing barns and start fresh.
If your total number of horses in your newly created custom barns matches your "racing barn" total then you have no missing horses.
While I don't disagree that this would work, in theory, I also don't want to have "delete all your barns" as the solution to an otherwise relatively minor issue.

Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I was wondering if I could get some clarification on how the pricing works for the new custom barns. The original message says "Unlimited Custom Barns cost 15,000 Game Points for 20 Weeks" I had originally thought that meant you had to pay 15,000 per barn and you would get that barn for 20 weeks. I'm now wondering if it means what it actually says that you pay 15,000 game points and then you get an unlimited number of barns for 20 weeks. And if it is the latter is it unlimited barns of any type or do you pay per barn type (so for example 15,000 game points gets you unlimited racing barns but if you want trining barns you need to pay again) Deleting all your barns and making new ones sounds horrible if you are paying by barn, but if you are just paying to use however many barns you want it makes more sense. Unlimited barns would also make it less of an issue that horses in custom barns are not automatically removed from the main barn as its not like you need to pay for two barns to get what you previously got with one barn. Also what about smart barns? Another post suggested they didn't cost anything is that true? or are they the same as custom barns in terms of pricing.

So clearly I am just completely confused and if someone less confused than I could clarify that would be great.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

15K game points = 20 weeks of unlimited barns (racing, breeding, training)
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Pete Vella wrote:15K game points = 20 weeks of unlimited barns (racing, breeding, training)
Well now I like this new system much better. I got to go play with some barns.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Tammy I had some confusion with the pricing as well and the Admin clarified in the other thread.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Are there any plans to bundle the Custom Barns with the SIMperior for a small discount? At least for the 20 week and year renewal, for those of us who like to purchase longer membership times.

For instance, a 20 week SIMperior (20,000 GPs) plus the Custom Barns (15,000 GPs) might be bundled for 30,000 GPs (5,000 GP savings).
A 52 week SIMperior (45,000 GPs) plus the Custom Barns (roughly 39,000 GPs for 52 weeks) might be bundled for 75,000 GPs (9,000 GP savings).

Personally, I would LOVE to see a 52 week SIMperior/Custom Barn bundle, if only so that both subscriptions run out at the same time. And so that I only have to go to one place on my home stable page to renew both, without having to search for each.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

The built-in SmartBarns for Racing, Breeding, Training and All horses now have a "Barn" column which shows which "Managed Barn", if any, the horse is assigned to.

In an attempt to have more consistent terminology, I changed non-SmartBarns to be called "Managed Barns". So, "Custom Barns" include two types: SmartBarns and Managed Barns.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Thanks so much for both these changes!
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Admin wrote:The built-in SmartBarns for Racing, Breeding, Training and All horses now have a "Barn" column which shows which "Managed Barn", if any, the horse is assigned to.

In an attempt to have more consistent terminology, I changed non-SmartBarns to be called "Managed Barns". So, "Custom Barns" include two types: SmartBarns and Managed Barns.
Fantastic!