Menu Poll

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

SIM menus - open on mouse over (hover) or click

Poll ended at 7 years ago

Drop menus on Hover (mouse-over)
40%
Drop menus on Click
60%

Total votes: 67

The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Menu Poll

Post by The Admin »

There has been some discussion on the new SIM menus. Currently, they drop/open when you move your mouse over them (My Office, Manage and Profile). The menus sometimes drop when you don't intend them to. As you are mousing from one part of the screen to another, if you touch a menu, it will drop open. We were concerned that you guys wouldn't want the extra step of having to click, so that is why we chose to use hover.

Of course, there is no hover on touch screens, so you have to click (or tap) to open the menus there.

Moving the menus only moves the issue.

So, what is your preference? To have the menus drop on hover (like they are now) or on click?
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Menu Poll

Post by Alleyne Torres »

I'm more concerned about the amount of clicking it takes to train now that the number of horses per page is reduced.
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

If the "hover time" was longer (i.e. you needed to hover another split second longer in order to activate the menu), would it reduce the issue?
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

As long as the "click" were the default interaction, I'm ok. I don't mind hover, but I agree with Laura that the dropdown should be delayed slightly in the case of errant mouse movement. The instant open is a headache.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I'd prefer click.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Laura Smith wrote: 7 years ago If the "hover time" was longer (i.e. you needed to hover another split second longer in order to activate the menu), would it reduce the issue?
I like this idea
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Don't forget to vote about the menus. At the moment, the majority is favoring changing the menus to be clicked rather than hovered over. This makes them consistent with how menus work on your computer and touch devices.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

I like consistency.. But I also like that I can hover and it drops down. My vote is in and I have a preference, but it's not a strong preference.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I always wish that polls would have a "either/or" choice. I voted to click but I really don't have strong feelings either way. I'm not having any problems with the current hovering at all.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Definitely prefer click.
Those flashes when the menu doesn't quite drop are hard on my eyes, and it's annoying when they drop and you don't want them to.
------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Frank Wiley
Two Year Old

Post by Frank Wiley »

Click Pleeeeeease