SIM 7.1

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

SIM 7.1

Post by The Admin »

Less than a week after the launch of SIM 7.0, we are have a number of updates to improve your experience. We listened to your feedback and did our best to make improvements that address the most prevalent concerns. Thanks for your input and patience.

A bunch of updates are now live:
  • Page width and table widths are limited in more situations
  • Custom barns with many columns will make use of the entire width of your window to avoid hiding/collapsing columns
  • Menus are now clickable rather than hover to avoid them dropping unintentionally
  • The SIMuseum is back and enhanced. Access it from the Community section of the Manage menu.
  • New Simmy Awards are up and easily searchable in the SIMuseum area
  • Trainer Simmy Awards now come with a trophy in your trophy case
  • Some background colors are added or darkened
  • Horse listing tables have improved column priorities to try to keep the most important columns visible on smaller screens. Remember, that all columns are available, even on a phone, but clicking the reveal-triangle in the left-most column.
  • Many other behind-the-scenes improvements
We still have a few more updates in the works... more later. Enjoy!
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: SIM 7.1

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I'd just like to state how amazing it is that after all the hard work and hours that went into Sim 7.0 you were willing to immediately work on making even more changes based on our whining for Sim 7.1. I am speechless as to the effort you and the steward put into this game.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Admin wrote: 7 years ago [*]The SIMuseum is back and enhanced. Access it from the Community section of the Manage menu.
[*]New Simmy Awards are up and easily searchable in the SIMuseum area
[*]Trainer Simmy Awards now come with a trophy in your trophy case
SO COOL
Cate Lynn
Miler

Post by Cate Lynn »

Big thank you and the team for all your time and effort <3
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 7 years ago I'd just like to state how amazing it is that after all the hard work and hours that went into Sim 7.0 you were willing to immediately work on making even more changes based on our whining for Sim 7.1. I am speechless as to the effort you and the steward put into this game.
This summarises my thoughts quite neatly. Thank you!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

Admin wrote: 7 years ago
[*]Menus are now clickable rather than hover to avoid them dropping unintentionally
I liked the hover, but alas, kudos on the updates.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Thank you so much for making these adjustments.
I can use my Kindle and again see the "entered for" column in my racing barn, and I very much like the clickable menu over the drop down one.
The things listed in your update were things I was having trouble with...even to the point of mild headaches from eyestrain due to soo much white in the new version and the flashing I was getting from the menu drop down when it didn't all the way drop. I was so saddened about my Kindle from losing that one column, and from the other things I mentioned that I rated this new version a 4 out of 10. With the updates now, I'll give it a 9 out of 10. [No one's perfect, lol]

Again, thanks for listening to everyone's concerns and for all the time and effort you've put into making this site such a great place.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

THANK YOU guys so much for working so hard on this. These latest fixes are super helpful - and the new simuseum rules! (buuuut is still missing the aussie TS triple... ;) )
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Admin wrote: 7 years ago A bunch of updates are now live:
  • Trainer Simmy Awards now come with a trophy in your trophy case
New contest to see how long it takes Laura to get 100 trophies?
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I think it would be helpful on the mobile version on the racing barn the column of last date raced.. without it I find it unusable to enter races while on the mobile version. often I just missed something so if Im missing something please mention it! thanks!
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Yay, I like my New Trainer trophy! Thank you :)
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Just wondering if its possible to make the chat where we can see who is in chat without actually going in there. I know I've heard 4-5 people wondering the same thing.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Louise Bayou wrote: 7 years ago Just wondering if its possible to make the chat where we can see who is in chat without actually going in there. I know I've heard 4-5 people wondering the same thing.
You can see that in the Buddies page under the Profile menu.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Admin wrote: 7 years ago
Louise Bayou wrote: 7 years ago Just wondering if its possible to make the chat where we can see who is in chat without actually going in there. I know I've heard 4-5 people wondering the same thing.
You can see that in the Buddies page under the Profile menu.
Oh thanks... You may want to add something that says chat to that link? It might help people locate it a bit easier. Because never in a million years would have checked for it under Buddies.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Yea I miss not having the list/number of people in the chat on the main page because it would draw me in if I saw a lot of people in there. Now it is hidden away so I never even notice for the most part.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚