SIM 7.1

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J.r. Lewis
Grade 3 Winner

Re: SIM 7.1

Post by J.r. Lewis »

[/quote]

Hey guys,
I assume "worked/ran/entered last" -columns in the racing barn are hidden for non-SIMperior players?

//Cole
[/quote]

That's correct Cole. I'm new as well and I highly recommend it.
Cole Martin
Two Year Old

Post by Cole Martin »

J.r. Lewis wrote: 7 years ago
That's correct Cole. I'm new as well and I highly recommend it.
Ok, thanks mate.
Corey Lange
Miler

Post by Corey Lange »

I'll be honest. I LOVE the changes that have been made and I thank you for all that you've done! I know it's not easy, I know that a lot of these changes are preference and aren't found until it's been released. But I'm incredibly thankful for the work that you've done and all that the team does for the SIM!
P.S. I'll always keep looking for things to make the SIM a better experience, but don't think that means I don't love all that you do, if anything it's because I love the SIM!
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Just wondering if there was going to be anymore tweaking for Firefox? I'm still using it but still having the bad lag. Just now it took me 12secs to delete a PM and get back to the PM screen.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Louise Bayou wrote: 7 years ago Just wondering if there was going to be anymore tweaking for Firefox? I'm still using it but still having the bad lag. Just now it took me 12secs to delete a PM and get back to the PM screen.
Please refer to this thread about what we need related to Firefox. I suspect that the speed issues are a problem that only Firefox can fix because we use Javascript heavily to give you the responsive and sortable tables of data. Please compare the speeds between Firefox and Chrome (for example) to determine where the problem originates. We can work on verifiable cosmetic differences with Firefox. We can investigate speed, but it other browsers are faster, then it would seem that it's a browser difference.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

It might depend on what version of Firefox you're using? It's my browser of choice and I'm not experiencing the lag others are. Make sure your version is up to date and see if there's any change.
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

I use opera on a 15 inch laptop at 100% zoom and whilst most things work really well I find the info button is relegated to the drop down arrow. This is not so bad unless your horse is injured and you go to mass train.

Because you cant see which horses are injured you cant remove them from the training before actually hitting the train button. you then have to go back to the stable page and start again minus those horses that are injured and if there unnamed that makes it even harder.

is there anyway the names of injured horses could be highlighted in red or some other sort of fix
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

In My Workouts you can no longer sort by time. Small issue, but when you have a large barn I use that function every week.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Kent Saunders wrote: 6 years ago In My Workouts you can no longer sort by time. Small issue, but when you have a large barn I use that function every week.
It's back.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Many Thanks!
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Rachel Sadler wrote: 7 years ago I use opera on a 15 inch laptop at 100% zoom and whilst most things work really well I find the info button is relegated to the drop down arrow. This is not so bad unless your horse is injured and you go to mass train.

Because you cant see which horses are injured you cant remove them from the training before actually hitting the train button. you then have to go back to the stable page and start again minus those horses that are injured and if there unnamed that makes it even harder.

is there anyway the names of injured horses could be highlighted in red or some other sort of fix
You can just leave the horse in the list, it won't actually train until it's not longer injured.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 6 years ago
Rachel Sadler wrote: 7 years ago I use opera on a 15 inch laptop at 100% zoom and whilst most things work really well I find the info button is relegated to the drop down arrow. This is not so bad unless your horse is injured and you go to mass train.

You can just leave the horse in the list, it won't actually train until it's not longer injured.
Thanks Ali! I wasn't sure if they staid on the list or not, so this is good to know :)
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I doubt we'll ever all agree on which columns should be given highest priority, but it's been bothering me that I can't sort by "barn" in the default racing barn. I often claim or buy horses and forget to sort them into a proper custom barn, and I don't know of any other way to see at a glance which horses are "barnless." The column appears in the default training and breeding barns, which is great - just not the racing barn for some reason. (this is all when using my laptop, on which I rarely have any columns hidden.) Any way to get it back?
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Laura Smith wrote: 6 years ago I doubt we'll ever all agree on which columns should be given highest priority, but it's been bothering me that I can't sort by "barn" in the default racing barn. I often claim or buy horses and forget to sort them into a proper custom barn, and I don't know of any other way to see at a glance which horses are "barnless." The column appears in the default training and breeding barns, which is great - just not the racing barn for some reason. (this is all when using my laptop, on which I rarely have any columns hidden.) Any way to get it back?
You can see hidden columns by clicking on the little triangle at the left of the horse's row. Columns are hidden based on window width. The reason that "Barn" shows for you in Training and Breeding is because your window is wide enough. There are more columns in Racing so your window would have to be wider to show the Barn column. Try making your window wider and it will jump out of the triangle area and into the column list.

So, to answer your actual question, the way to get the barn column back is to widen your window.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

As of now, you can sort by a column that is hidden in the triangle area. I don't know how useful this will be, but now you can do it.