SIM 7.1

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: SIM 7.1

Post by Laura Smith »

Nena Olson wrote: 7 years ago With the shipping page, I noticed that it loads it alphabetically first and then there is a pause and it sorts it by closest which makes it take awhile to load because it has to load all the farms/tracks and then decide which one is closest. Not sure why it takes longer than it did in previous version or how they changed the programming on it but that is what I have noticed.
Did you guys fix this? On Chrome it now loads almost immediately and sorts by distance without a hiccup. Thanks!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Laura Smith wrote: 7 years ago
Nena Olson wrote: 7 years ago With the shipping page, I noticed that it loads it alphabetically first and then there is a pause and it sorts it by closest which makes it take awhile to load because it has to load all the farms/tracks and then decide which one is closest. Not sure why it takes longer than it did in previous version or how they changed the programming on it but that is what I have noticed.
Did you guys fix this? On Chrome it now loads almost immediately and sorts by distance without a hiccup. Thanks!
We improved this. Thanks for noticing.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Unfortunately, I'm still having massive issues with shipping on Firefox (desktop) and it's only occurring with the shipping page to the point that it freezes my other tabs too. Might have to start using Chrome just for the SIM.

Sorry, don't want to moan or complain! Everything else is perfect!
Corey Lange
Miler

Post by Corey Lange »

Is there a way that Location could be a higher priority for display on the barn pages than other items (equip, soundness, weather, etc.) having it be lowest priority means i have to click into every horse to see if they need to ship back to the farm after races... Which is a pain. I know prioritizing will be individual, but I feel like location is higher than last...

And yes, i realize I can "solve this" under manage barns, but it still requires eliminating over half of the other sort fields just to get location to show up... Maybe even a "Farm/Track" Info tab would be helpful in the future. IDK, just throwing out ideas.

Thanks for all the work you have done on the new SIM and being quick to respond!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Corey Lange wrote: 7 years ago Is there a way that Location could be a higher priority for display on the barn pages than other items (equip, soundness, weather, etc.) having it be lowest priority means i have to click into every horse to see if they need to ship back to the farm after races... Which is a pain. I know prioritizing will be individual, but I feel like location is higher than last...

And yes, i realize I can "solve this" under manage barns, but it still requires eliminating over half of the other sort fields just to get location to show up... Maybe even a "Farm/Track" Info tab would be helpful in the future. IDK, just throwing out ideas.

Thanks for all the work you have done on the new SIM and being quick to respond!
I wonder how hard it would be to add something allowing all users to choose a their own ranking of priorities on items to display
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Pete Vella wrote: 7 years ago
Corey Lange wrote: 7 years ago Is there a way that Location could be a higher priority for display on the barn pages than other items (equip, soundness, weather, etc.) having it be lowest priority means i have to click into every horse to see if they need to ship back to the farm after races... Which is a pain. I know prioritizing will be individual, but I feel like location is higher than last...

I wonder how hard it would be to add something allowing all users to choose a their own ranking of priorities on items to display
I fiddled with the column priorities slightly so that Location has a higher priority.
To answer Pete Vella's question about how hard it would be to let each player choose their own column priorities, that would be a big pain. And, it would likely snowball to a bigger pain as soon as everyone realized that they want different priorities on each barn. Currently, the priorities are set for all horse listings and the only influence you have over them is turning on/off columns in custom barns and your screen size.

If there is consensus among the players about how to improved the global priorities, then that would be an easy change.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

We may regret this, but here is the current column priority order. Remember that this list applies to almost all horse lists (barns, sale page, search, adding to auction, stallions and stud book). Remember that many columns apply only to certain types of listings and some are always hidden for non-SIMperior players. For example, "Train" is always hidden in a breeding barn.

Let's see if there is any agreement on changes that should be made.

Name
Special actions like Purchase, Races for horse etc.
Price
Entered For
Ran Last
Stud Fee
CB Stud Fee
Races
Train
Bred
Type
Breed
Owner
Stats
Earnings
Last Work
Sire
Dam
Equip
Gallop
Soundness
Condition
Flat Rating
Chase Rating
Booked Stud
Barn
Horse-Type
Info
Bred

Dam Sire
Breeder
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

What is the Info column for?
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Location would have a higher priority for me. I'd have train as a very low priority as I don't use it.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I vote that there is no way to make everyone happy, sim 7.1 is amazing, and admin deserves a vacation while we take some time to actually play around with all the changes and see what really is annoying vs what just requires getting used to or can be worked around by doing things like changing columns in custom barns, once we've given things a chance we can start whining in the one small thing thread for future improvements months from now after aforementioned admin vacation.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Nena Olson wrote: 7 years ago What is the Info column for?
"Info" reports "injured", "In Auction", Pensioned career, Bred/Unbred
Cesar Raez
Miler

Post by Cesar Raez »

Please Admin, do not limit the width of the screen on the barns pages. Actually, the default racing barn is the only one who use the whole monitor and where we can see most of the columns. The use of "hidden columns" make that columns unusable and that should be minimized. And thank you very much for the travel miles column, that was neat.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

For me, the most important columns to prioritize are the ones whose information can't be easily filtered for using the drop down boxes or quick filter. Though I occasionally do sort by age and gallop in the racing barn, the ability to sort by location, earnings, and most of all ran last/entered for is important. Ditto last worked in the training barn.
Location should be a high priority in all barns as it's the best way to find out if you, say, have any mares or yearlings or whatever scattered around the globe instead of living for free at your place. That sort of thing.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Experimental new thing...
On the horse page of a horse you own, the Owner Actions are will remember whether you had it open or not and will retain that setting until you change it. This will apply to ALL your horses.

For example, visit a horse and click on "Horse Owner Actions" bar to collapse that section. Then click on other horses you own and you will see that the Owner Actions is collapsed on all of them. Then, click the bar again to open the section and you will find that all horses you load will have the Owner Actions open.

Do you like it?
Cole Martin
Two Year Old

Post by Cole Martin »

Admin wrote: 7 years ago We may regret this, but here is the current column priority order. Remember that this list applies to almost all horse lists (barns, sale page, search, adding to auction, stallions and stud book). Remember that many columns apply only to certain types of listings and some are always hidden for non-SIMperior players. For example, "Train" is always hidden in a breeding barn.
Hey guys,
I assume "worked/ran/entered last" -columns in the racing barn are hidden for non-SIMperior players?

//Cole