Custom Barn Update

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Custom Barn Update

Post by The Steward »

Tonight the Admin uploaded a fantastic new feature that you guys will love.

As we all found out over the break, when a horse is in a barn that you create, such as a training barn for freak yearling Paint sprinters (or whatever), when the horse turns 2, they leave that barn and go into a regular racing barn, not custom, not special.

NOW, you can PICK where you horse will go in advance! For instance, create a barn called Yearling Freaks, and a barn called Racing Freaks, and point the Yearling Freaks barn to the Racing Freaks barn under the "Next Barn" column, and they will automatically move there when the year turns over. This also works when a horse is retired (it moves to whatever Breeding barn you've selected), all done automatically for you!

Enjoy this awesome new feature!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Custom Barn Update

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

This is awesome!!!!
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Love!!!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

THANK YOU!!!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Cindy Saunders
Miler

Post by Cindy Saunders »

Absolutely Love this change and all the other changes in 7.0!!!! THANK YOU!!!! :D :D :D :D
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/kbs.gif
Good Luck and Happy Racing, :lol:
Cindy Saunders!

http://www.facebook.com/cynthia.m.saunders
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

I like it as soon as I clear up one thing............is it not available for starred Smart Barns? The dropdown menu referenced above is available for all of my Custom Racing Barns, but my Training barns for Yearlings are Smart Barns (so it auto-sorts them by breed), and on those the same drop-down menu for "Next Barn" isn't available.

I'll make new Custom Barns for Training if need be to use this feature, I like the feature enough to do that. I'm just making sure that's what's needed before I close up shop on the Smart Barn arrangement for my Yearlings.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 6 years ago I like it as soon as I clear up one thing............is it not available for starred Smart Barns? The dropdown menu referenced above is available for all of my Custom Racing Barns, but my Training barns for Yearlings are Smart Barns (so it auto-sorts them by breed), and on those the same drop-down menu for "Next Barn" isn't available.

I'll make new Custom Barns for Training if need be to use this feature, I like the feature enough to do that. I'm just making sure that's what's needed before I close up shop on the Smart Barn arrangement for my Yearlings.
In your example, you'd be best off creating Racing SmartBarns that also filter by breed. Then your organization would be automatic. Managed Barns are for when you want groupings that are not possible with built-in Smart filters. The Next Barn option is to keep your Manual groupings when horses no longer qualify for the Barn Type they are in.

It wouldn't make sense to have one SmartBarn dump into another. The horses are automatically in a SmartBarn based on the filters you set. If a horse qualifies for a SmartBarn, they are in it. If you want horses to move from a Training SmartBarn to a Racing SmartBarn, create both with the same filters.

I hope that helps explain how it works. Let me know if you still have questions.
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Admin wrote: 6 years ago
Glenn Escobar wrote: 6 years ago I like it as soon as I clear up one thing............is it not available for starred Smart Barns? The dropdown menu referenced above is available for all of my Custom Racing Barns, but my Training barns for Yearlings are Smart Barns (so it auto-sorts them by breed), and on those the same drop-down menu for "Next Barn" isn't available.

In your example, you'd be best off creating Racing SmartBarns that also filter by breed. Then your organization would be automatic. Managed Barns are for when you want groupings that are not possible with built-in Smart filters. The Next Barn option is to keep your Manual groupings when horses no longer qualify for the Barn Type they are in.

It wouldn't make sense to have one SmartBarn dump into another. The horses are automatically in a SmartBarn based on the filters you set. If a horse qualifies for a SmartBarn, they are in it. If you want horses to move from a Training SmartBarn to a Racing SmartBarn, create both with the same filters.

I hope that helps explain how it works. Let me know if you still have questions.
I understand what you're saying, and I'm not confused by the mechanics..............I'm just clearing up that you can't go from a Training Smart Barn into a Racing Custom Barn using the NextBarn feature. My racing barns, the custom ones, are manually set up (and labeled) by a combination of breed and ability. They indicate the general ability and breed of the horses in them.

So it looks like to use the NextBarn concept I'll need to remove my Training Smart Barns and replace them with Manual Custom Barns for the Yearlings so that they can be moved along appropriately in my system as 2yos. And actually that will be really nice once it is set up.........it will just take setting up is all.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

So.... can i get back that really awesome feature where i could see my horses breeding at a glance on my mobile devices?
Since the changes have been implemented i can no longer see this without clicking on each individual horse. Even sorting by sire, damsire means i still need to click on each individual.

As things stand, will be unlikely to pay for barns next time round as what i use most is now missing anf therefore not worth the cash outlay.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 6 years ago So.... can i get back that really awesome feature where i could see my horses breeding at a glance on my mobile devices?
Since the changes have been implemented i can no longer see this without clicking on each individual horse. Even sorting by sire, damsire means i still need to click on each individual.

As things stand, will be unlikely to pay for barns next time round as what i use most is now missing anf therefore not worth the cash outlay.
How many columns show up on a mobile device? I was thinking you could make a smart barn that contains all your horses and then make it so that smart barn only shows the breeding information columns.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Tammy, I did look at the smart barn alternatives after you suggested it, thus the delayed response.

Firstly, the number of columns varies with what selections you have. Not all columns are equal, although apparently some take precedence over others. That also isn't satisfactory.

On the Ipad Air Pro 2 to get the Sire/Dam/Damsire/Soundness I pretty much sacrifice EVERYTHING else. I could also get "ran last" but not with "entered last". Entered Last automatically scraps Damsire if I replace Ran Last with it.

So as basically implied before now I can either have the breeding or the racing/training not both whereas as previously I had both.

The suggestion that these changes meant less clicking was clearly an illusion, I click more now to get the same information I had on hand originally.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

So in the previous few posts, I griped somewhat about things I wasn't liking. Well, I also like to think that if I can complain, it's only fair that I give credit where credit is due.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/simforum ... 11&t=41777

Admin and company have returned (even if only temporarily) that which I was missing. :D
Now, can we keep it? :lol:
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I don't know if this is a bug, or what. I've been expanding my breeding barns. Once I made smart barns, I lost the ability to sort on the page. The point was for the mare to move to bred mare barn once the deed was done, automatically. But I can't separate my unbred mares into horses type, do I have to create separate barns for each division? Or go back to regular custom barns. I like to breed in groups, dirt sprinters, turf routers, etc. It's annoying not having both features in one set up.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 6 years ago I don't know if this is a bug, or what. I've been expanding my breeding barns. Once I made smart barns, I lost the ability to sort on the page. The point was for the mare to move to bred mare barn once the deed was done, automatically. But I can't separate my unbred mares into horses type, do I have to create separate barns for each division? Or go back to regular custom barns. I like to breed in groups, dirt sprinters, turf routers, etc. It's annoying not having both features in one set up.
I asked something similar once and was told I had to create a custom barn if I wanted something along those lines. This is why I don't have any smart barns anymore except for chaser mares, claimer/solid/productive yearlings lol
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚